Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Mixing headphones black friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the market for new heaphones as my JVC HA SR50x I got at sears in middle school are falling apart and do not offer a neutral frequency response.

I need closed back headphones preferably around $100 US, and I'd like to go buy them new on black friday.

I am considering
-sennheiser hd280 pro
-beyerdynamic dt770

Im leaning toward the 770s

Am i making the right choice or are there better options available in my price range?
better call lopyt
If you can find monitor speakers like KRK Rokit, Yamaha HS, or Kali LP for that price they will make it way easier than trying to mix on headphones!

The DT770 Pro look better than the HD280 Pro

Audio Technica ATH-M20x were the ones I have personal experience with, and they were lacking sub bass, and really high treble, transients were hard to accurately hear on them, they were uncomfortable a little as well. But really cheap and for the price not bad

If you can get open back they will probably be better for mixing

If you can find HifiMan Edition XS for cheap they are supposed to be really good, as with Sony HD 600 or HD 800. I'm not the most knowledgable on headphones but rtings.com may give you an idea about frequency response
not surprised fam
i'm usually sennheiser-biased but as a personal user of the DT series go with DT they're super super super super super comfy weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee