Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Volume Randomiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing that elevates digitally made music, to try and make it sound more realistic, is having not all your notes the same volume. Especially with the new instruments, to prevent repetition in the soundfont, it would be easy to have a "randomise volumes" button, it would randomise the volumes of ALL SELECTED notes, with a teeny tiny bit (not too much, it's not ment to sound worse).

I know many of you might deem this useless or unnecessairy, but trust me when I say it really kicks up the realism of instruments a notch by doing so, and doing this manually is like a chore.

I really, really hope you understand how amazingly useful of a feature this would be, and that it's goign to get added!

Good luck Jacob! Wink
it already exists!
type humanize() in the console to do it
it will also randomize the timing of the notes though. i know there is a way to just make it randomize the volume or just randomize the timing but im not sure how you do it
(12-03-2022, 01:56 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]it already exists!
it will also randomize the timing of the notes though.  i know there is a way to just make it randomize the volume or just randomize the timing but im not sure how you do it

I don't want to ask stupud questions but WHERE is there a console?! I didn't know that was a thing?!
(12-03-2022, 01:56 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]it already exists!
it will also randomize the timing of the notes though.  i know there is a way to just make it randomize the volume or just randomize the timing but im not sure how you do it

OHHH IN the Chrome console! Hell this is amazing! Thanks! Is there any other important codes I should know about?