Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: (WW) NVidia Wait for channel idle timed out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I been having this problem ever since I upgraded my computer to 

EVGA SC GTX 1060 6G
ATi Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
EVGA Supernova G5 650w
16GB 2x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 
EVGA 240mm water cooler for CPU

I also have 2 M-Audio FastTrack Pros plugged in, and an active adapter for DVI-D to VGA

The problem starts with my desktop freezing for about a second, then resuming. I have an animated mouse cursor and it also freezes the animation when this happens. Also, sometimes if this freezes too long, the whole desktop freezes but I can move the mouse and the animation is still moving. Switching to a TTY for a second and back to TTY7(desktop) seems to mostly fix when that desktop freezes (I dont even need to log into TTY just go there and back). 

This seems to happen randomly, but maybe more when I'm not doing much?
When it happens it happens a bunch at a time, then after it can be hours before it happens again

Xorg log said (WW) NVidia channel idle timed out., and this seems to be happening at the same time these freezes happen. Sometimes there are multiple of these messages in a row. 

I already tried disabling C states in the BIOS and in the linux kernel, as well disabling XMP and AMD Cool&Quiet. Whenever I made one of these changes it appeared to go away, and make me really happy, until it did it again ugh

Tried with nouveau driver and didnt get the problem, but I didnt use that one for long since it could barely hit 40FPS in Half Life 2 with that driver

This seems to happen a lot when I play Half Life 2, and only when launching Cyberpunk2077 but not when playing it so much

Its really *****ing annoying also. Like REALLY annoying.

Do any of you know anything I could do to find more information about this problem or potential solutions? Don't want to go back to i5-4590 and GTX680
If anyone knows any other websites I may be able to get more help with please let me know
Interesting, I would say its trying to access a nonexistent part of your graphic processer but it seems like thats not the case. Best I can tell you is to contact tech support and hope for the best.
Ask ashduino very smart person
Solved the problem it was a bad RAM