Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: I Hate School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm currently using a proxy known as Nebula to type this message. I'm sending this message to the Online Sequencer Forums to state that I hate school.
They've blocked Online Sequencer entirely. What I WAS able to do was use Javascript to disable Cisco Umbrella to unblock this site, but the Javascript has stopped working on the newer models of computers. I happen to have a newer model, so I'm resorting to using proxies. It's not fun. Barely anything on the actual sequencer is functional and PLAYING sequences is slower and choppier than Discord calls with bad internet. It sucks that I even have to use a proxy in the first place. Now, you're probably asking "Well how did you drop a new song?" I made a new song using something on school computers only. I'm not gonna say the name of it because recently, they've been trying to prevent users getting to Google and I don't want to give them the upper hand when stopping their users from getting to Google.
I'm fine with using this new method of making music, there's something wrong with it. I can't access any of the apps I would have if I'd been logged into the computer.  This includes Files, which I use to store any songs I haven't finished yet. So basically, I gotta finish songs in one shot, which is not that good because of burnout. I love making music, but I don't want to have to rush out my songs and not want to make anymore for the next few weeks because of burnout.
You're probably thinking "Well you should be happy because you can access Online Sequencer. Why are you making this post?" It's not about that anymore. It's about the principle of the matter and the fact that I even need do these extra steps to do what I love that's pissing me off. Excuse my language but it's *****ing ridiculous that these schools block things that THEY see as "threats" meanwhile students being sent hentai GIFs from Imgur is COMPLETELY fine. This is *****ing ridiculous and I'd hate for my first lyrical endeavor to be mean spirited. As much as I want to, I'm not gonna say the name of the school I go to (For now), as to maintain the security and safety of me, other students, and staff. However, let it be known that if I feel as if I need to, I'll explicitly state their name, throwing all safety into the bin, and dedicate my first actual SONG to them and ONLY them. I'm sick of schools taking away our creativity as students and will not stand for it anymore. Sorry if this post seems scatterbrained or unprofessional but The Lord knows damn well I've had about enough of this bull*****.
That's about it at the moment. I'll update you all if there's any developments. Stay amazing and have a wonderful life.
ok
(12-16-2022, 06:49 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]ok

bro wrote a whole essay and this dude just replies with "ok" lmao
wow this really was a waste of my time reading this!
I have a solution for you!!
Many businesses like to upgrade their computers regularily, and sell their old stuff really cheap. You can find these computers used at very cheap, sometimes less than $100!!

Searching eBay seems to get better prices for laptops, and Amazon seems to have better prices for desktops.

The cheapest models are usually Dell Optiplex or Lenovo Thinkpad, these were pretty high quality models too

Desktops usually have far more performance for the price than the laptop

Make sure the computer has Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7, (Most of these do not have AMD processors) and the higher the number behind the i#, the better it is. For example, Intel Core i5-6500 is better than Intel Core i5-2500 by a little bit.

4GB RAM is probably fine but get 8GB or more if you can find it.

If the computer has no HDD, no SSD, no OS, it wont boot,but thats OK because you can really easily get an SSD and install an OS to it in a few hours. Would recommend Apollo SSD from https://mobilesentrix.com or Crucial MX SSD (not the BX though). Had to replace a lot of Samsung Evo so maybe avoid those. HDD make the computer feel really slow so if it does come with an HDD you may want to upgrade that too. Used hard drives arent recommended since they are more likely to fail but if you dont store anything important on them they can be cheaper

With a desktop, if you want to turn it into a gaming computer, all you need is a new power supply, a graphic card, and probably an adapter to plug in the power supply to that weird non-standard motherboard a lot of these business computers seem to have. DO NOT cheap out or buy used power supplies, as they CAN explode, and CAN break EVERY PART on the computer! Everything else is fine used.

You can install whatever operating system you want other than macos on the computer with a USB flash drive, all you need is to download the .iso file for the operating system, and use a tool like rufus (its free) to burn it to the flash drive. This could take a little bit to do and installing another operating system is not usually necessary but its your preference. If the computer is locked then you may need to.

With this new computer you will be able to actually run apps, games, professional audio/video editing programs, etc. nothing will be blocked, and it should last you a VERY long time ! Good luck!

Battery life may not be good but performance should be much higher than any brand new computer under $300 and up
sounds like a you problem
(12-17-2022, 10:15 AM)ashe x Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like a you problem

Actually many people have this censorship and surveillance problem
i woke up to OS being blocked this morning but i reloaded it an it just unblocked itself i guess? idk but damn that sucks
That sounds great Lopyt! I'm surely lost without you!