Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Key octave numbers named wrongly!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm fairly certain that the octave numbers are wrong on the keys as C5 definitely sounds like C4 and so on for all other keys like C2 sounds like bottom C. Please fix Sad ! Also, why don't you guys include the full scale of the piano from A0 to C8? :D That would be awesome!

Thanks!
Create a major C scale from C4 to C5 and listen again, they sound right. Don't use octaves as a judge of tonality, use your scales bro.
I don't get your point. You can use what ever you want, single notes, scales, chords, and they still sound an octave lower than what they are told to be. Are you sure you used an actual piano to determine whether or not the notes are true? Because I did, and I've got good pitched ears (I learnt piano by ear).
If you still think they are correct, listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXMVkQ70I88 then listen to . You only need the first few bars. The music is written so that the first C note is a C4, I used this as a guide to transpose the original sequence (it wasn't made by me, and they also knew the names where wrong because they had it on C5) down to whats called "C4". You only need to listen for the first few bars to realize they aren't the same notes. Which means they should be renamed (which cant be that hard to do).