Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Aligned scroll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a suggestion for a new scrolling option, that feels much more logical than the current "smooth" option (which is indeed very smooth now, awesome!)

I was wondering if there was a chance a new autoscroll feature/setting could be added called "aligned scroll" that would make the piano roll act as the time indicator, so that notes that are played touch the piano roll, and the screen moves at a constant tempo. I think this would be much more plesant to watch than a screen that just ZOOOOOOOOOoooooms away every few seconds. And it would be very satisfying aswell!
os aint tryna be synthesia stf
OS' ass ain't synthesia 💀
(03-19-2023, 09:30 AM)8 Wrote: [ -> ]os aint tryna be synthesia stf

what even is this lol, just thought it would look nice
This is already on the todo list. One of the reasons for the graphics optimization effort was to allow us to do this sort of smooth animation.
(03-19-2023, 02:17 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]This is already on the todo list. One of the reasons for the graphics optimization effort was to allow us to do this sort of smooth animation.

That is absolutely awesome to hear!

One final thing I was wondering is if you could allow us to fullscreen the piano roll fully in this case, like this it would be very handy to record it for videos.

(another nice thing is if we would be able to rotate the piano roll 90° (and mirror it so high notes are on the left) so that it can actually be used for "piano tutorial" type things, if you get what I say. Though these are just suggestions I get could be very challenging to make...)