Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: True humanization for noobies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came up with a very strange, yet very usefull idea. I feel like it won't get added because most people don't care this much, but I could still share, with you, my idea, and see where it gets.

You might be aware about the "Humanize selection" button that got added recently or about the ocnsole command "humanize(),"
for those unaware, what this does is simple, it randomly shifts the notes placement and volumes a tiny bit, and for the console command, you can set the maximum amount it may adjust. Though I came up with an idea, that while it is possibly rediculous, could make half of the humanize feature obsolete for those who care enough.

We have a midi recording feature, which also support keyboard. What I imagined, is a feature which allows you to take an already made melody (selected notes) in your sequence, and then go over it with your keyboard, just pressing any button on your keyboard when a note comes, to move whatever the next upcoming note is when you press any button! Like this you don't need to learn to play piano on your PCs keyboard like a pro, yet you can have actual real humanization on your favorite pianoroll made sequences.

Yes, this feels obsolete, but another thing this would help improve on MASSIVLY, is the struggle that I have sometimes, and I can imagine many other people have too, of placing your notes correctly like you hear them in your head, in a complex rythm or speedinterval.

This one is extremely hard for me to explain for some reason, please feel free to ask more details!
Thanks for reading! <3