Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Detune for phonk type music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was tryna make this song, Close Eyes By DVRST right, and I couldnt figure out how to make the detune go low enough for some of the 808 cowbell notes. BUT. I looked up some sequences at they somehow had the detune go low enough. I legit dont know how to do this please help me. (also this is my first time being in forums idk if this is where i should do this but oh well)
(05-03-2023, 02:48 PM)dacoconutnut Wrote: [ -> ]So I was tryna make this song, Close Eyes By DVRST right, and I couldnt figure out how to make the detune go low enough for some of the 808 cowbell notes. BUT. I looked up some sequences at they somehow had the detune go low enough. I legit dont know how to do this please help me. (also this is my first time being in forums idk if this is where i should do this but oh well
It would actually be insanely helpful if I could figure this out
(05-03-2023, 02:52 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/wiki/Console...nds#Detune

Ok this seems like what I need, now just one question. What am I supposed to do with ---> setDetune(instrument, detune)
(05-03-2023, 02:55 PM)dacoconutnut Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2023, 02:52 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/wiki/Console...nds#Detune

Ok this seems like what I need, now just one question. What am I supposed to do with ---> setDetune(instrument, detune)
I cant make any sense of this lol
You open the console ctrl+shift+j
You put setDetune(instrument, detune) and put in the instrument and amount of detune
E.g
setDetune(808 Drum Kit, -2400)
(05-03-2023, 11:00 PM)Crumb Wrote: [ -> ]You open the console ctrl+shift+j
You put setDetune(instrument, detune) and put in the instrument and amount of detune
E.g
setDetune(808 Drum Kit, -2400)

Close. But instead of typing "808 Drum Kit", you need to use the instrument's number. For 808 Drums that's 36:
setDetune(36, -2400)

But I can never remember all the instrument numbers, so I find it easier to just select the instrument I want, and then type "instrument", which stores the instrument number that's currently selected:
setDetune(instrument, -2400)

There's more details on that wiki page.
Oh that
We need to manage a instrument number list based on the codes made by Jacob_
That sounds like a nice idea
Pages: 1 2