Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: How can I dehumanize a selection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I humanized my entire sequence just to test out what it would sound like. Unsurprisingly, it sounded horrible, so I went ahead and reversed the humanization. Except no I didn't because... that's not possible? What the hell? Ctrl-z does nothing, and pressing "humanize sequence" again just humanizes it differently. 

Is my sequence gone now, or is there any way to salvage it?
Only manually at this point
(05-05-2023, 03:04 AM)Crumb Wrote: [ -> ]Only manually at this point

Even that doesn't actually work, right? There is no way to manually adjust the volumes of individual notes.
(05-05-2023, 03:47 AM)Maxkho Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2023, 03:04 AM)Crumb Wrote: [ -> ]Only manually at this point

Even that doesn't actually work, right? There is no way to manually adjust the volumes of individual notes.

Select all and then do alt 0 to reset all the volumes.

Alt + and alt - can be used to adjust them manually btw.

As for placement, you'll have to just go through and click each note to realign it.
That's odd that you couldn't undo, but for the future make sure you save before and then you can just reload the page.
He already saved it I think, and re opened it
Humanize definitely has undo/redo support. I just tested it myself. Not sure why it didn't work for you.

Humanize affects note times and volumes. Ben's suggestion will help fix the volume. For the note times, you can use this code to snap the notes to the nearest grid line. Set the grid to the finest setting you've used in your sequence, then select all the notes you want to fix. Then open the dev console (ctrl+shift+J), paste this code in there, then hit enter:

tweakNotes(n=>n.time = Math.round(n.time * grid) / grid)

For more info about using the dev console, check out this article: https://onlinesequencer.net/wiki/Console_Commands