Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: More Instruments and Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had problems in the past where I want to put a specific sound in my sequence. However, there were plenty of times where I could not those sounds or a way to mimic them.

The following examples of instruments could help to provide more variety for artists:

Male choir
female choir 
bagpipes
harmonica
more 8-bit instruments

It would also help to have new effects like an underwater effect or my personal favorite idea, an 8-bit effect. An 8-bit effect would allow artists to create 8-bit music without being limited to about only 4 or 5 instruments.

Online sequencer has greatly improved their variety of options over the years, but I hope that they add new instrument and effects in the near future.
The problem with this is finding public domain samples to use. Choirs in particular are extremely hard to find samples that don't cost $700 for personal use alone. Also you can make the sound of bagpipes and harmonica here already with effects. This flute is a harmonica, and this sawtooth is a bagpipe.

A samplerate reducer distortion would be nice though you could make pretty cool effects with that, though you could also export your song to .mp3 or .wav and add that effect to the whole song in a DAW. Try Decapitator plugin on plugins4free.com, or some DAWs have this built in. Free DAWs include Ardour, Reaper, and Cakewalk.
(06-17-2023, 09:49 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with this is finding public domain samples to use. Choirs in particular are extremely hard to find samples that don't cost $700 for personal use alone. Also you can make the sound of bagpipes and harmonica here already with effects. This flute is a harmonica, and this sawtooth is a bagpipe.

A samplerate reducer distortion would be nice though you could make pretty cool effects with that, though you could also export your song to .mp3 or .wav and add that effect to the whole song in a DAW. Try Decapitator plugin on plugins4free.com, or some DAWs have this built in. Free DAWs include Ardour, Reaper, and Cakewalk.

Good points, but I have to disagree with some of them. One, it would be better to have the bagpipe and harmonica sounds on the quick instrument selection menu instead of having to replicate it every time an artists wants to use them. Two, the samplerate reducer would be better then a Daw as an artist can use the tool differently for each instrument to create an affect that can not be created when the effect is added to the entire song. However, I do agree that the choir sounds would be hard to add, but it would still be cool.
I can record harmonica samples if the developers want that, but its probably nkt going to happen because the developers aren't paid and the sounds are already doable. Also you can use MUCH better samples in a DAW + your own recordings + customizable synthesizers and put samplerate reducers on all of them instead of using OS sounds
(06-17-2023, 10:27 AM)Gaming Music Lover Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2023, 09:49 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with this is finding public domain samples to use. Choirs in particular are extremely hard to find samples that don't cost $700 for personal use alone. Also you can make the sound of bagpipes and harmonica here already with effects. This flute is a harmonica, and this sawtooth is a bagpipe.

Good points, but I have to disagree with some of them. One, it would be better to have the bagpipe and harmonica sounds on the quick instrument selection menu instead of having to replicate it every time an artists wants to use them. Two, the samplerate reducer would be better then a Daw as an artist can use the tool differently for each instrument to create an affect that can not be created when the effect is added to the entire song. However, I do agree that the choir sounds would be hard to add, but it would still be cool.

These are good ideas but i dont know how commonly these would be used. If they wont be used commonly it seems it wouldnt be a valued addition to the public.
maybe a more modern sounding 808 bass? similar to the Spinz + Zay 808, or 808_fastlane. idk i just want a punchier and more modern sounding 808. I'm sure that getting these 808s in particular would be a hassle, but the beatmakers on OS would be forever thankful.
for the choir idea, maybe if you could record your own sounds and use them as a new instrument in OS, with each note using the recorded sound, then way more different effects can be made
(06-26-2023, 11:08 AM)an unnamed cell Wrote: [ -> ]maybe a more modern sounding 808 bass? similar to the Spinz + Zay 808, or 808_fastlane. idk i just want a punchier and more modern sounding 808. I'm sure that getting these 808s in particular would be a hassle, but the beatmakers on OS would be forever thankful.

i also want to reiterate that i am thankful for the 808 options we do have. adding a lot of low end to a slap bass already sounds similar to that punchy 808 i'm asking for, but this is just for convenience's sake.
OS may not... But others can.