Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Composition Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea for a composing challenge:You have to use a different instrument per bar, minimum 150 bpm. Once you use an instrument, you can't use it again. That's it! The sequence can be as long or short as you like, you can do whatever you like, but make sure you follow the rule.

I feel like this could be an interesting test to find similar sounding instruments, to practice the less is more principle, and to use an instrument that you've never thought of using before.

Good luck! Be sure to link your submissions here (in the reply section)

I hate everything about this, it can be done a million times better, but to work on making the instruments sound good, have a consistent melody, and play to their advantage all the way through is super tough.
Here's an example: 

It follows all of the rules (instruments can only be used for one bar (no exceptions, see m17), minimum 150 bpm)

Use this to see how your sequence could sound. Don't be afraid to be wild! The point of the challenge is to experiment, not necessarily to make the next chart topper :3