Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Now recruiting OS moderators!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone. In the past couple of weeks, I proposed an overhaul of the OS moderation system as well as the moderation team.

Alongside the upcoming changes, I have created a moderation document to help standardize moderator activities and clearly establish their responsibilities as a part of the Online Sequencer staff.

By providing a standard procedure, we hope to handle our usual tasks as mods more efficiently—while allowing regular users to have a better chance of speaking up against mods that may be abusing their power.

The standardization guide currently covers moderator recruitment and guidelines to a couple of moderation powers. In the future, I will write an ethics guide that goes into detail with how moderators should procedurally respond to users that are misbehaving and provide tips towards refining their professional conduct in general. As this guide is being constantly updated, moderators will be expected to follow up on the ever-changing procedures.

Another common concern is that moderators in the past have been nominated due to their popularity/favoritism versus their actual ability to make worthwhile contributions to the site's community.

To counter this, I have also created a moderator application form in order to recruit fresh talent to our staff! If you are a longtime user of Online Sequencer that's always wanted to become a part of the moderation team—now is your chance to apply!

Before you fill out anything, please note that your account must be at least 2 years old, and that your account must have 300 sequences -OR- at least 1,000 views on one sequence. And yes, I will actually check if your account meets these requirements.

In addition, you are expected to commit a few of days of the week to moderate the main site (as opposed to simply moderating from Discord). This will encourage a more active moderation staff to be present on the chat at any given time and discourage moderators from abusing their power off-site.

I encourage you to fill out your application as thoughtfully and as seriously as you can. We are looking for users who can provide high quality statements and have the same passion towards Online Sequencer as we do.

Once enough applications have been received, I will write a follow-up forum post to help decide on recruiting new moderators to the team. If you have any questions about this entire process—please feel free to contact me on the site chat or send a DM to me on Discord (lucenttear).

Last but not least—as a result of these changes, several moderators have been now dismissed from their position.

Before this announcement, incurrent moderators were given a seven day period to fill out the same application just as a small hurdle to keep their positions. Any moderators that did not respond in this period or have acknowledged that they are unable to keep up with the new responsibilities were subsequently removed from the moderation team.

We honor these moderators for having served their time on the Online Sequencer team.

Thanks for reading this far, everyone. We are excited to roll out these new changes in the coming days. Happy sequencing!

—Lucent
I would but A) I'm at 1 year and B) I get so mad at kids that are obviously under 13 that usually other mods would have to calm me down.
(06-24-2023, 08:55 PM)Maketa Wrote: [ -> ]I would but A) I'm at 1 year and B) I get so mad at kids that are obviously under 13 that usually other mods would have to calm me down.

so why did you post here
you should ask users WHY they want to be mod in your form so you don't receive any applications from people who want to use their mod powers just to feel powerful over people.
can i be a mod plz
I applied. we'll see where it goes. my account is 3.5 years old, i've got 362 sequences, and my most played sequence has 1,052 plays, and I'm also active in chat almost every day so I figured why not. we'll see where it goes
Not eligible or available but I wish good luck to those who are.
So you have to be popular to be a mod????
(07-06-2023, 12:56 PM)OnlySongsFromGuitarHero Wrote: [ -> ]So you have to be popular to be a mod????

"Experienced" is a better word than popular for this context
Can I be mod
Pages: 1 2