Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Import midi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, the "Import MIDI" feature doesn't work for me. It displays an error message saying, "The page import does not exist." I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I've attempted to use different browsers, but the issue. [Image: Schermafbeelding_2023-06-29_181523.png]

Any information would be appreciated
drag the midi to the sequencer or it gets the hose again
(06-29-2023, 09:19 AM)TekNik Wrote: [ -> ]drag the midi to the sequencer or it gets the hose again
I am very affected by this
I was able to change instruments faster from the import page, but now I cant
there is a saying If it ain't broke, don't fix it
and the person who removed the import midi page ignored that
Why are things being unfixed?
The new MIDI importer is actually much better, it runs in your browser without uploading any data to the server, and doesn't rely on outdated and hard to maintain code. Not being able to quickly change instruments is definitely something we can improve though.
(06-29-2023, 02:34 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]The new MIDI importer is actually much better, it runs in your browser  without uploading any data to the server, and doesn't rely on outdated and hard to maintain code. Not being able to quickly change instruments is definitely something we can improve though.

well, what about low-end devices
they will tank in performance due to now running the importer locally

I use a Chromebook, and I noticed that performance is not what it used to be

It used to be better before the change

if I made the changes, I would leave the old import tool as a legacy option
(06-29-2023, 04:33 PM)moongazer07 Wrote: [ -> ]well, what about low-end devices

Parsing midi files is not expensive. It should be faster overall, since it skips sending it to the server. If you're having performance issues, send us the midi file that's causing the problem and we'll see if we can optimise things.
Uploading data to the server makes it slower for everyone not just someone on a chomebook, therefore speeding up the not importing experience a bit
(06-29-2023, 01:08 PM)moongazer07 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2023, 09:19 AM)moongazer07 Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to change instruments faster from the import page, but now I cant
yeah i have been finding that annoying too
(06-29-2023, 04:38 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2023, 04:33 PM)moongazer07 Wrote: [ -> ]well, what about low-end devices

Parsing midi files is not expensive. It should be faster overall, since it skips sending it to the server. If you're having performance issues, send us the midi file that's causing the problem and we'll see if we can optimise things.

i'm having trouble importing a two-instrument midi file. it's bad.