Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Volume issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, with the recent updates I seem to be having a problem with the instrument volumes when importing midis. When I import a midi, the import always makes the instrument volumes go really low for some reason, but it can't be adjusted (or at least I'm not sure how to adjust them? The regular volume slider says it's at 0.00 and doesn't fix the problem. it's like a volume baked into the notes). This hasn't been a problem before since I found that saving and re-importing them makes the volumes normal again, but now when I import them again it makes the instrument's volumes twice as quiet (and then when I add any new notes they're at regular volume, so they're super loud in comparison). It's become kind of an issue as someone who uses the import midi feature to make music with often. Is this a bug or some kind of intended feature? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not sure how to describe it well lol
(06-30-2023, 11:24 AM)Purplesce Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, with the recent updates I seem to be having a problem with the instrument volumes when importing midis. When I import a midi, the import always makes the instrument volumes go really low for some reason, but it can't be adjusted (or at least I'm not sure how to adjust them? The regular volume slider says it's at 0.00 and doesn't fix the problem. it's like a volume baked into the notes). This hasn't been a problem before since I found that saving and re-importing them makes the volumes normal again, but now when I import them again it makes the instrument's volumes twice as quiet (and then when I add any new notes they're at regular volume, so they're super loud in comparison). It's become kind of an issue as someone who uses the import midi feature to make music with often. Is this a bug or some kind of intended feature? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not sure how to describe it well lol

Yeah I've had this problem for a long time with midi import and I have resorted to just Save as Copy instead to get around it.
(06-30-2023, 05:40 PM)Shh Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2023, 11:24 AM)Purplesce Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, with the recent updates I seem to be having a problem with the instrument volumes when importing midis. When I import a midi, the import always makes the instrument volumes go really low for some reason, but it can't be adjusted (or at least I'm not sure how to adjust them? The regular volume slider says it's at 0.00 and doesn't fix the problem. it's like a volume baked into the notes). This hasn't been a problem before since I found that saving and re-importing them makes the volumes normal again, but now when I import them again it makes the instrument's volumes twice as quiet (and then when I add any new notes they're at regular volume, so they're super loud in comparison). It's become kind of an issue as someone who uses the import midi feature to make music with often. Is this a bug or some kind of intended feature? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not sure how to describe it well lol

Yeah I've had this problem for a long time with midi import and I have resorted to just Save as Copy instead to get around it.

I tried that, but with the newest update everything still stays just as quiet. And on top of that, when I play back my midi files in other programs such as notation player and audacity, they both have the weird low volume too. It's almost like the reduced volume is part of the individual notes in the midi... weird stuff. It's kind of made it unbearable to import midis at all
(07-01-2023, 11:03 AM)Purplesce Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried that, but with the newest update everything still stays just as quiet. And on top of that, when I play back my midi files in other programs such as notation player and audacity, they both have the weird low volume too. It's almost like the reduced volume is part of the individual notes in the midi... weird stuff. It's kind of made it unbearable to import midis at all

By save as copy I mean for existing songs on OS, not midi imports. There is no fixing this volume issue. You can use a marker to adjust volume but that will NOT be reflected outside of OS. Songs that use speed markers in OS will play at the initial speed off of OS.
(07-01-2023, 04:50 PM)Shh Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2023, 11:03 AM)Purplesce Wrote: [ -> ]

By save as copy I mean for existing songs on OS, not midi imports. There is no fixing this volume issue. You can use a marker to adjust volume but that will NOT be reflected outside of OS. Songs that use speed markers in OS will play at the initial speed off of OS.
That's a shame :-( thank you anyways though