Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2023 July Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Entry 1:  some people have said this is more desert than jungle but I tried
I know the title isn't jungle themed but the song sounds like a jungle, so please judge it by the song itself and not by the title.
this is the
For my first entry, we have a remaster of one of my best older songs, jungle jammin. the original was made using OvercookedPastry's "soundfont challenge", but with this remaster, i used a lot of all-new sounds, while trying to keep the feel of the original alive, especially in the first half. i took a lot of inspiration from David Wise for this challenge, for both entries. For this one, Jungle Japes from super smash bros. brawl was probably the biggest inspiration for the intro, and the shift to a bit of a "darker" tone in the second half. You could interpret it as a "Day/Night Theme" or like, the first half could be landing on the beach of a tropical island but the second half is exploring a temple that lies deeper in, idk. Be imaginative Smile [[edit: the last few bars are supposed to have a fadeout 😔 forgot to save with it]]

For my second entry, i directly took inspiration from "Stickerbrush Symphony" and "Aquatic Ambience" by David Wise. This is one sounds a little more water level-y, but this is intentional. When i was writing it i had sort of a "jungle river" in mind, like the Amazon or something. I tried my best to add some sound effects and certain percussive elements to enhance this. Enjoy!

I also understand they're both rather resource-intensive, as i honestly struggled to play them while i was mixing them, particularly the string section in the first song and the handpan/steel drum part in the second. Please take that into consideration if the mastering part of things sounds off 😅 i tried my best. I'll upload some audio files in a little bit to make them easier to listen to 👍

Good luck all Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2023 July Monthly Contest winners!

In first place we have jungle jammin' by Mr. Magicman. Congratulations, you'll be getting 5 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In second place we have I was inspired by traditional African music by Lopyt. Great job! You'll be getting 4 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In third place we have Black Mamba by JOwen. Nice job, you'll be getting 3 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

We also have a few honorable mentions! Congratulations to everyone listed below. You'll all be getting 1 point on the Grand Leaderboard.
See you all tomorrow at next month's contest!

Pages: 1 2