Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Markers won't work any more on a loaded file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a bit of a problem with loaded sequences from local files.
All the markers I used and saved (edit: of the category "instrument effect") in the original sequence won't work any more, and nothing will help.
I tried to delete them and make them again, but this won't work neither.
I tried to copy the sequence in a new one, and to add the markers on the new file, but they won't work neither.
I tried to open the sequence on both Firefox and Opera, but there is no difference.

So here I am, I'd be very grateful to get an answer to this if there is something I missed! As far as I see, this bug has not been reported by anyone and I encountered it a few weeks ago for the first time (It may have been the first time I tried to edit something though, I'm not sure about that any more).

Thanks in advance!
I just tried saving and loading a sequence from a local file and the markers still work for me, so it must be something specific to your sequence. Can you send us the sequence file that you saved locally?
(07-23-2023, 12:35 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried saving and loading a sequence from a local file and the markers still work for me, so it must be something specific to your sequence. Can you send us the sequence file that you saved locally?

Thanks for answering!

The problem seems to exist with all my sequences so it's not specific to the one I've been working on now.

But there is one important precision to make that I didn't notice, it seems to be true only for the markers of the category "instrument effect".

When I listen to the project I made now in the online player of online sequencer, it works perfectly, but as soon as I am in edit mode, I don't hear the effects anymore and so will sound the exported mp3 file. I tried further on another computer and on Firefox (that I use normally), Opera and Chrome, both with previous local files saved from firefox and new files made on other browsers, and the result is always the same with "instrument effects", I don't get them any more.

Here's a link to the file I started to work on yesterday, in this particular case, 3 of the 5 instruments should have the effect "large reverb" from the start, so the lack of them is pretty obvious.
(edit: link removed after resolution of the problem)
Ok, I see the bug. I think the markers are just not loading the large reverb effect. The effect isn't being applied to the instrument because it isn't loaded. Should be easy to fix.

If you don't want to wait for the fix, as a work around you can just open the advanced instrument settings of one of the instruments, and it will load the effect. Alternatively, instead of putting a marker right at the start to set the effect, you can just set it directly in the advanced instrument settings.
Indeed it works! Thanks for the reactivity and for the help! (and for the opportunity to get to the advanced instrument settings!)