Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: mp3 conversion cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I am not a musician let alone any good with a sequencer, I am literally just here to hopefully get help in cleaning this converted file up.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know the song at all but I'd highly suggest that you use the Grand Piano as a base but then use the lock tool to lock it and then use another instrument to draw in new notes overtop where you hear the main melody sections and chords.
Many of the notes in there are noise or harmonic relatives of the melody, including chords and countermelodies.
Is there a lot of percussion in the original mp3 file as well? If so, you'll probably want to just try to ignore the percussion because it doesn't really translate well back into the Grand Piano.

Just a few things to keep in mind, I hope that helps.
(10-09-2023, 06:15 PM)adabattaUP Wrote: [ -> ]

I am not a musician let alone any good with a sequencer, I am literally just here to hopefully get help in cleaning this converted file up.

Thanks in advance!

There are converters made specifically for online sequencer which will get much better results.  https://tiusic.com
(10-09-2023, 06:19 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the song at all but I'd highly suggest that you use the Grand Piano as a base but then use the lock tool to lock it and then use another instrument to draw in new notes overtop where you hear the main melody sections and chords.
Many of the notes in there are noise or harmonic relatives of the melody, including chords and countermelodies.
Is there a lot of percussion in the original mp3 file as well? If so, you'll probably want to just try to ignore the percussion because it doesn't really translate well back into the Grand Piano.

Just a few things to keep in mind, I hope that helps.

Side Note:
I'm trying to do the same thing with a song from Super Mario Galaxy. You can see what I'm trying to do to it.

(But it's been awhile since I updated it and I don't have much time to work on it)
(The song in this sequence is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_g8t_986g)

I am diagnosed with skill issue

Cock and ball torture (CBT) is a BDSM or sexual activity involving the application of-
Also another way to help with this would be to try to match up the rhythm with the OS grid markers. This is very tricky but now that there is a "Stretch" tool (under the extra toolbar / three dots drop down menu) I have a feeling that doing this may have become easier. You just have to find the constant with which to multiply the note lengths by to get them all to match up to the OS grid.