Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Concerns on the OS chat and fourms.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello users. This is Benvisions. I have a concern about the OS chat that we should talk about regarding today's status, which is not going so great at the moment. Users sent death threats in the chat and spam, and they are making alts. This is according to mod Pricerocks and it is annoying the community.

We know that spam is a rule but why isn't death threats a rule? I wanna add some new rules that'll "help keep the community positive."

Update:
There were also more people begging on forums than usual, we need to stop that.

Update 2:
Okay, for everyone saying that death threats are a violation of rule one isn't wrong. I mean it is a violation, but we should make death threats a subrule of rule one, similar to refers of slurs is a subrule of rule two.
children smh.

I'm all for some new rules for Chat/Threads too
There's a lot of the younger crowd here that can be pretty impressionable and/or sensitive when it comes to sensitive topics in the chat. The talk I saw earlier today about how to commit suicide without any moderator intervention was not something that I would have deemed appropriate when I was a moderator. I think it's fair to have a standard when it comes to muting for very blatant attempts at being edgy in terms of death threats and encouraging suicide. Not to say that the team is doing a bad job cleaning the chat (moderators like fox have been very clear in terms of what the punishment scale is and how punishments are dealt) but things are also easily missed.

The best thing I recommend is probably helping report users that are acting in a questionable manner and doing your own intervention. Half of the time, I would miss sequences that were inappropriate or crashed browsers until someone reported them because hundreds are made every couple minutes. Censorship is also becoming a very political thing on the internet but I think that it would be fair to say that what you mentioned in the original post (and what I saw today) are not a good representation of the site, and are actionable.

As for death threats being a rule, I recall punishments years ago being dealt because of legitimate doxxing and threats being made. Of course they were handled, and at times we considered further intervention if we thought there was ever a real risk of danger. I am not sure if that's changed, but I'm sure that if there's a legitimate threat, those just need to be reported.
I think death threats (or telling users to hurt/kill themselves, which is what the issue was today) would fall under rule 1. “Keep it civil and chill. No harassment, abuse, hate speech, disrespect towards other members will be tolerated. “ Obviously it’s not directly mentioned but it would definitely fall under harassment / hate speech and we can reasonably expect users to understand that kind of behavior isn’t allowed, and none of the mod team would fail to address that kind of situation just because it isn’t explicitly mentioned.

Feel free to suggest whatever rules/changes you have in mind, I probably won’t reply for a while but I’ll look and I’m sure other mods will too.
(10-21-2023, 01:24 PM)Pricerocks Wrote: [ -> ]I think death threats (or telling users to hurt/kill themselves, which is what the issue was today) would fall under rule 1. “Keep it civil and chill. No harassment, abuse, hate speech, disrespect towards other members will be tolerated. “ Obviously it’s not directly mentioned but it would definitely fall under harassment / hate speech and we can reasonably expect users to understand that kind of behavior isn’t allowed, and none of the mod team would fail to address that kind of situation just because it isn’t explicitly mentioned.

Feel free to suggest whatever rules/changes you have in mind, I probably won’t reply for a while but I’ll look and I’m sure other mods will too.

With what you're saying, maybe death threats could fall under a new subrule then.
death threats break rule 1
(10-21-2023, 01:33 PM)Lots_Of_Songs_From_PVZ_2 Wrote: [ -> ]death threats break rule 1

That needs to be a subrule.
(10-21-2023, 01:15 PM)ParaSpider Wrote: [ -> ]Not to say that the team is doing a bad job cleaning the chat but things are also easily missed.

The best thing I recommend is probably helping report users that are acting in a questionable manner and doing your own intervention. Half of the time, I would miss sequences that were inappropriate or crashed browsers until someone reported them because hundreds are made every couple minutes. Censorship is also becoming a very political thing on the internet but I think that it would be fair to say that what you mentioned in the original post (and what I saw today) are not a good representation of the site, and are actionable.

this, its quite frankly impossible to have someone moderating the chat at all times, 24/7, so the best we can do is have people report stuff like this. we should maybe look into a message reporting feature built into the chat so its more accessible, the !911 command is pretty obscure

also, like everyone else said, death threats are a violation of rule 1
(10-21-2023, 02:51 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2023, 01:15 PM)ParaSpider Wrote: [ -> ]Not to say that the team is doing a bad job cleaning the chat but things are also easily missed.

this, its quite frankly impossible to have someone moderating the chat at all times, 24/7, so the best we can do is have people report stuff like this. we should maybe look into a message reporting feature built into the chat so its more accessible, the !911 command is pretty obscuri
i agree on this
(10-21-2023, 01:33 PM)Lots_Of_Songs_From_PVZ_2 Wrote: [ -> ]death threats break rule 1

yes. why make a new rule when the first one clearly states things like that as no no's?
Pages: 1 2 3 4