Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Grid values should have 'custom' option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was putting together a song, and realized that I needed a 1/5 grid as well as a 1/9 grid. Because there could be many other grid values, however uncommon, that could be wanted, I am suggesting a 'Custom' option, enabling a grid value of any fraction of 1 over any integer, such as 1/5 or 1/9. I am not suggesting values allowed such as 2/5, as this would probably be complicated and does not make much sense. I think this custom grid feature should be added.
You can already change it.

Online Sequencer Wiki Wrote:You can change a lot of the sequencer options in the console. This can be useful to go beyond the values usually allowed in the UI.

Grid
setGrid(value)
Changes the size of the grid. The way the value works is a bit confusing: it's the number of grid lines per time unit (per quarter note). So a 1/4 grid has a value of 1, and a 1/8 grid has a value of 2. You can use this formula to work out the value: value = 0.25 / grid. No undo/redo support.