Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: How does the sequence depend on the number of plays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ex. My the most popular sequence (we live we love we lie i guess) was updated only 1 time, but it has 165 plays, but my third popular sequnce (Undertale - M E G A L O V A N I A (remix)) was updated like 7 times, and it got only 132 plays.
Why?

P.S. Why the word M E G A L O V A N I A always got censored?
Uhh, i'm not sure actually.

The word was censored due to something like overuse of the word or something I forgot. :skull:
That wasn't a main question. The main question was "How does the sequence depend on the number of plays?"
Main question... uhh...

It doesn't really depend on the amount of plays really, I guess not many people have seen the sequence. You can send the links of the sequences in chat (not too much, don't spam) and see if people will listen to your sequences.

I'm not sure what else to say about this question, sorry. I hope I at least helped a bit though.

I'm also gonna say not too many people on here are a fan on MegaIovania though (again, due to the amount of times it has been made on here)
(11-22-2023, 05:39 AM)ArseniyRybasov Wrote: [ -> ]Ex. My the most popular sequence (we live we love we lie i guess) was updated only 1 time, but it has 65 plays, but my third popular sequnce (Undertale - M E G A L O V A N I A (remix)) was updated like 7 times, and it got only 132 plays.
Why?

P.S. Why the word  M E G A L O V A N I A always got censored?

Because the mods think the song is annoying.
I guess that the popularity of sequence depend on the famousness of the user (I don't sure). When I only signed up, no one knew me and because of that 50 plays for me was veeery much. But now, after 2 months, more people knew me and now 50 plays for me is 1,5 times lower than my average plays (76).
Being more well known does help get more plays. Popular songs get more plays, especially songs that would be popular among young people that like memes.

Music marketing is a whole other skill than music making and it can be really hard to get people to listen to your songs, even if its the best song in the world.

Some tips I would recommend to market your music, and I'm really not that good at it, but the goal is to get as many people as possible to click it as possible, that means update it often so it shows in the sequences list front page often, send it to Chat and Forum often, just not in an annoying way. Ask people for reviews on the music too, ask for hrlp and stuff. Talk about how and why you make your music. Send it to other websites too that might have larger user counts. Its possible to get a lot of views on a sequence if you market it properly, like what I did with this . Good luck!
Lopyt, I already use often updates (but if it won't damage my sequences).
But how to send my sequences correctly (I won't see someone calling me a spammer)?
You can use Chat to talk about your sequences a couple times a day and thats not considered spamming, just be aware if people are getting anmoyed basically and stop if they are. Sending a bunch of sequences at once to Chat is not a great idea, but for making a music showcase forum it is good.