Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2023 December Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

these two are techically remixes of existing songs, but i'm not 100% sure if they actually qualify.
SAY NO MORE, BROTHER
I'LL HAVE YOU FIXING TO BUY A FORD F-950 OFFROAD GIGA DUTY IN NO TIME FLAT

Nothing too much. This sequence is quite old though, but I thought to myself that it sounds perfect for this contest. It's just something before I post my next entry. Enjoy Smile

Supposed to give a the vibe of moving through the skies at a fast pace. Since this is my last sequence im finishing for 2023, I gave the ending a bit of tranquility.

Enjoy!

Results:
9,298 notes without including the thumbnail (which is 5050 notes)
74 clones
1:33 time length
Started on 12/1/2023
Finished on 12/16/2023
Inspired by a few Mario Kart songs.
Also inspired by a few Megaman tracks too!
(12-01-2023, 02:12 PM)Online Sequencer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2023 December Monthly Contest!

This month's theme is to create music to shop to.

General Information
The entry period is from 12/1 ~ 12/21 (11:59 PM EST). Winners will be announced on 12/31/2023!

While we will post general notes on every contest, please refer to the Monthly Contest announcement thread for more details on Monthly Contests themselves.
  • Entry limit of 2 sequences per person.
  • Committee members are allowed to enter the contests, but will not enter their example sequence nor will they vote for their own entry.
  • Sequences made prior to the current Monthly Contest are allowed, although entering the same sequence in different Monthly Contests is not. If you are unsure about whether or not you have entered a sequence in a previous monthly contest, a list of all the sequences that have been entered into previous monthly contests can be found here.
  • Making a remix of an existing song is allowed.
  • Editing an entry after the entry period is strictly prohibited and will result in that entry being disqualified.
  • Collaborations on entries are allowed, but any points that the piece might receive are divided up equally between the contributors.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.
I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good luck to you all!

I have a lot of confidence in this song

Yes sir, we're hitting rock bottom with this one.
I made this sequence around 5 months ago and it kinda fits the December theme, soooo yeah. Also, I'm bored.

just a little piece that kind of sounds like festive shopping music. entered it because entering something is better than not entering anything!

[Image: The_Return_of_the_King_Banner.jpg]
Just a little thing I whipped up, called "Life-Changing Groceries". I'm unreasonably proud of the trick I did with the pick-up notes to make the song loop well.
hopefully not too late 😅 i just got a new job for the first time in a while so i've been much busier.

for my first entry, i tried to make generic rpg-style shop music drawing inspiration mostly from zelda, but a little bit from the n64 mario party menu themes and kevin macleod. it has a little "lore" in the description that i made when trying to come up with a title lol.

in my second entry (you'll have to excuse the name 😂), i was messing around with ai music using soundraw, and really liked the sound of this one catchy theme. so much so that i wanted to transcribe it which was a HUGE pain in the ass and probably took significantly longer than writing the other song did, so hopefully that makes up for it being a 'cover' (original??) 😂

i've just been so drained between not having a room to myself since the summer, moving at the start of the month, social stuff, family stuff, my cat runnin away, and this new job. i've had very very little energy for music the past month or so, and i do apologize. but im trying my very best to stay positive through it all! and deliver a nice tune to wrap up the year of these little monthly contests ive been so passionate about :)

it definitely means a lot that you guys are willing to run these things and keep em going for so long. it really doesnt go unappreciated. nothing compares to excitement of the 1st of every month where i drop everything to find out what the next theme is 😂

anywaysss im rambling a lot and i should probably get some shuteye. if you read all this you a real one fr💯

best of luck to everyone as always!!!! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4