Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Struggling with perfectionism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I feel like I spend so much time making my remakes as perfect as possible, to the point where they are miles better than the others of the same song. However, other sequences get more views and comments for half the quality. (Look through my remakes, its obvious) AND, I also end up not making as many sequences as other ppl, and only have 12 sequences in my 2 months here as a result.

please give feedback on how to balance quality and efficiency, im still new to the community, and unsure about how to optimize my time and energy on OS.
Here are some of my best remakes if you wanna check them out

The quality of your songs will rarely impact how many views they get. Try to send the songs to other people as much as possible and make the names and thumbnails more likepy for people to click them.

Music marketing is a VEDY DIFFERENT thing to music production, don't get discouraged from making songs because people don't listen to them because getting people to listen to them is a skill in itself, and a very difficult one
I think your stuff is pretty good, and for your instrumentals, you should continue tweaking instrument settings so its more accurate to the song, oh and also keep experimenting with markets
i appreciate it, but yeah i literally go through every single one of my sequences every day and find something to make better, also bc it gets them views.
Lopyt is exactly right that quality will rarely effect plays. My advice would be to do what you can to focus less on the play count, like consciously trying not to check old sequences for how many plays they have.

I would suggest that you instead try to focus on how individuals respond to your sequences when you send them in chat or in the comments. Maybe you could even ask others for critique.

I find more personal engagement is a lot more rewarding.
Ben and Lopyt are right. Don’t forget on population, focus on the criticism said in the comments.
(01-14-2024, 12:29 PM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]Ben and Lopyt are right. Don’t forget on population, focus on the criticism said in the comments.

problem is i dont get any comments let alone ones with criticism at all, either on threads or chat. Ill try to advertise my sequences more.
Oh, you don't get comments?

challenge accepted teehee =]

I agree with everyone here, focus on the quality of the songs and see how much you can improve to get closer to the original instead of worrying yourself on how many views it gets. That just gets so stressful.
Try to advertise more too, and ask for feedback!

I mean, that's how I would try to do it, if I uh... worked on my music more. (me repeating what has already been said to try and fit in but i wanna be nice :sob: hope i helped tho)
(01-14-2024, 07:47 PM)DaviousDingle Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you don't get comments?

challenge accepted teehee =]

I agree with everyone here, focus on the quality of the songs and see how much you can improve to get closer to the original instead of worrying yourself on how many views it gets. That just gets so stressful.
Try to advertise more too, and ask for feedback!

I mean, that's how I would try to do it, if I uh... worked on my music more. (me repeating what has already been said to try and fit in but i wanna be nice :sob: hope i helped tho)
I appreciate it, ill read every comment i get from u and everyone else
Pages: 1 2