Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: The ability to not save another members' sequence.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'm ticked, stop re-saving my material!!
Besides that point, I'll make this suggestion.
So if you're not a member, and a guest, or are a member and want to save another persons' sequence,
is there a way to make that impossible for the non-creator to do, either adding a new feature or making saving something that isn't yours completely impossible.
The feature that could be added is a "lock sequence" option when you save it, this option makes it impossible for someone else to copy the notes or save it, just to see and hear it only.
Look I know it might sound a tiny bit far fetched but I'm getting to the point where I'm wanting to just stop using this software because some brick-head saved something I made.
It's not completely impossible to add, just please hear me out.
Please reply with friendly, non hateful feedback on this thanks.
Why does it matter so much if someone saves your sequence. They're not selling it, or saying it's theirs. (If they are, then that's a bigger issue and you have every right to be angry). The fact is that most of the time it's just done on accident, or someone just wants to be able to quickly get to that song to listen to it on demand. Try and think of it as flattery, rather than theft. It's a better mindset.

That aside, this idea isn't actually bad, in fact I support it. Although, considering the fact that we don't even have like, ten people that can edit the website, and we have like a ton of people asking things of the staff, I don't personally think this is all that high on the priority list. Before this would be things like spamming plays, inappropriate sequences, bugs, and maybe some other things that I don't recall at the moment that I am typing this.

Anyway, I don't think there's any real reason to be upset, just think of it as your popularity growing. I do support this, but not as much as other things. I'm terrible at ending posts, but I'll just say have a nice day, I guess.
There is a based on link. Anybody smart will click on that to see if that person really made the song.  The real problem is when they copy it, repost it, and don't give credit. I copied from blobbertheblob once but I gave him credit.