Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ability to sort the sequences in your profile, and a search bar. Just like when you search for sequences in the Sequences page, just only sequences you made.

Shouldn't be too hard.
Agreed. A feature kind of thing that will post your favorite sequences you've created at the top of your page on your profile would be nice, maybe integrating the bio box from the forum profile sections on the OS mainland profile so that people know who you are without going on the forums.

While this thread is about suggestions, I can suggest a realtime PM chat like Google Hangouts, or hell, maybe even a multiplayer sequencer so that it is much easier to collaborate with people.

I also recommend fixing "Popular Sequences", changing the algorithm on how those are decided would be nice, rating system and all. A 5 star system.
There can be another rating system like the one we have on the forums (having descriptions such as well-executed, pleasant, hype, insert other song describing words) might sort songs on the sequencer by what other people think specifically is great about a certain sequence.

The forums shouldn't be obsolete though, organizing projects on a thread is still viable to me. It's still there to gather thoughts and is a better way to situate a problem if needed.

Okay I'm done ranting, but I might add more to this post if I think of anything.
If anyone's reading this, then I think that the instruments need improvement. Don't get me wrong, this is pretty decent for a free website, but the electric guitar is weird. Also, there needs to be a flute. I think that the creators wanted to cover every basic instrument that people should or could use, but i think they forgot the flute, or some sort of skinny, high pitched, instrument. And lastly, the scale. I think that all instruments should be playable anywhere on the grid. I hope the creators read this and do something. They don't have to though, this is pretty fine for a free website. I just hope it stays free. Smile
Well, if you dont like the instrument sound of this page... : https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...hp?tid=976
(03-02-2017, 07:13 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone's reading this, then I think that the instruments need improvement. Don't get me wrong, this is pretty decent for a free website, but the electric guitar is weird. Also, there needs to be a flute. I think that the creators wanted to cover every basic instrument that people should or could use, but i think they forgot the flute, or some sort of skinny, high pitched, instrument. And lastly, the scale. I think that all instruments should be playable anywhere on the grid. I hope the creators read this and do something. They don't have to though, this is pretty fine for a free website. I just hope it stays free. Smile

Yes. We all know and love the electric guitar.

Sarcasm aside, while I do agree that adding more instruments/adding true note length should be a potential update that Jacob needs to work on, I just don't find it too necessary at this time. Maybe it's because I'm biased and that I mainly use piano only, but honestly I believe OS has been more for drafting than actually making a final product (but it still has that quality of being one.) I shouldn't be one to force you to cope with it and suddenly expect you to know the whole chord theory, but take into mind that you can still work and master with what instruments you have now.

About all instruments being playable on all the keys? Yeah no. The synths/sci-fi need it, but that defeats the point of a bass section if it's played in the 7th octave. Maybe a few extra notes would keep me from ragequitting, even if they aren't realistically playable. Some people actually use the unplayed notes for writing in watermarks or extending a sequence rest so it doesn't loop automatically when the last measure is over with.

Unrelated note, I'm actually pretty salty on these suggestions (now only because this comment flicked me off a while back.) But I'd go my way and explain why I feel against them in a formal manner since this is the forums, otherwise I do tend to rush people off the chat like a five-year-old. An instrument not existing or isn't good really doesn't cover a valid excuse for not sequencing.