Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Song/Collab/Review Megathread (For all)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Welcome, to the S.C.R. Megathread.

Basically, I made this thread so that if you want feedback for a song, or you just want to post a song you thought you did a good job on, or maybe you want to post a song that you would like to turn into a collaboration, you can do that here.

This is meant to be a place where you can post songs that'll get seen, and hopefully gain constructive criticism.

Rules:
*Post what you will, but don't hog the thread
*General OS rules/Common sense apply
*Don't be a douche!
*Specify if you want Feedback/Collab
*Respect it if people specify one of the above
Updates:
*2/26/17: Grand opening!
*2/27/17: Added LucentTear and blobertthebob as helpers.
*2/28/17: Added Chromeacc as helper. New notes.

Helpers/Trustworthy reviewers:
Notes:
*Helpers don't have to review anything, but will try their best to make sure everyone who wants feedback gets some
*Publicly requesting to be listed as a helper is a stupid idea. PM me instead
*Try to give as much feedback as you receive. It's a good habit, and it helps out.
*Don't be afraid to post multiple times, just abide the rules.
*Please post songs to your hearts content, just make sure you're not the only one posting.
*Advertising your sequences here is encouraged. This is the best place to do it, in chat you will likely be ignored.
*PM me if you have any concerns/suggestions
Thanks.
Reserved.
Reserved.
Hello, I'd like to have a feedback on this music I composed for a personal project (not developed yet).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ag8b9snnmtabj...g.m4a?dl=0

(I won't post the link for this sequence as it sounds completely messed up when you load the MIDI in the editor of that site

My knowledge in music theory is (really) extremely limited. I made that on a MIDI app called Xewton Music Studio on my iPod few years ago.

So, I'd mostly like to know what could be improved in that piece, and what does / doesn't work.

Thank you in advance =D
(02-26-2017, 02:25 PM)AshGe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'd like to have a feedback on this music I composed for a personal project (not developed yet).

(I won't post the link for this sequence as it sounds completely messed up when you load the MIDI in the editor of that site

My knowledge in music theory is (really) extremely limited. I made that on a MIDI app called Xewton Music Studio on my iPod few years ago.

So, I'd mostly like to know what could be improved in that piece, and what does / doesn't work.

Thank you in advance =D

That song sounded very professional! The audio quality is pretty high, and i liked the flow of the song too.
(02-26-2017, 02:25 PM)AshGe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I'd like to have a feedback on this music I composed for a personal project (not developed yet).

Thank you in advance =D

Very peaceful! The eastern sense delves it into an overall theme of tranquility, which isn't quite bad at all.

My favorite part of the song comes around the three minute mark, as the chimes express some sort of mysterious winter feel. As it progresses, the snow begins to slowly melt away into springtime, but the protagonist remains persistent to become better. The hero-in-training continues to practice his skills throughout the four seasons, and finds his light in the darkness around the five minute mark.

I just kinda had to base a story off the file name haha. It doesn't hurt to guess, it's the way I envision music, so sorry if I look slightly weird doing this. The best I can describe the song structure is like a timelapse BGM. You see something grow up and change, then you go back to reminisce from day one, where it all began.

The only complaint I have might be at the end, when the bells just appear out of nowhere. It's not too sudden or anything that it destroys the whole atmosphere of the composition, but rather unnecessary and weakens the overall track. Then again, I can see why you would incorporate them, as some sort of "spirit" communicating to the protagonist.
(02-26-2017, 03:12 PM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you in advance =D

Very peaceful! The eastern sense delves it into an overall theme of tranquility, which isn't quite bad at all.

My favorite part of the song comes around the three minute mark, as the chimes express some sort of mysterious winter feel. As it progresses, the snow begins to slowly melt away into springtime, but the protagonist remains persistent to become better. The hero-in-training continues to practice his skills throughout the four seasons, and finds his light in the darkness around the five minute mark.

I just kinda had to base a story off the file name haha. It doesn't hurt to guess, it's the way I envision music, so sorry if I look slightly weird doing this. The best I can describe the song structure is like a timelapse BGM. You see something grow up and change, then you go back to reminisce from day one, where it all began.

The only complaint I have might be at the end, when the bells just appear out of nowhere. It's not too sudden or anything that it destroys the whole atmosphere of the composition, but rather unnecessary and weakens the overall track. Then again, I can see why you would incorporate them, as some sort of "spirit" communicating to the protagonist.

Ohh waa, I completely forgot the very end with the bells :o  I couldn't place them anywhere in the piece, so I left it out to the very far left of the piano roll editor X) .

Thanks for the feedbacks! (I absolutely love the way you're interpreting the music! (I too create small stories sometimes))

Thank you in advance =D

First off, Really great song. It's got a nice start and it keeps it up throughout the majority of the songs. 

A few slight things I would work on are 1. Using a different sound than the pluck for the low part. I think the pluck sounds nice, but it just doesn't seem to fit too well imo. (It might just be that specific pluck, just change it a bit to sound more like an acoustic guitar or something and it'd sound great.)
2. Editing the pluck to sound more... plucky. It, again, sounds great, but I think it sounds almost like a pluck combined with another sound (almost like a nail tapping on a table) If you could change that slight thing, the quality, I feel, would drastically improve.

Anyway those were just small things I saw. Even though this post was mostly criticism, I still liked the song a whole lot more than I didn't. If you can't edit sounds directly, maybe you could just change the lower one to an acoustic guitar or a bass of some kind and maybe play around with that a little bit and see what sounds good.

Again, I really enjoyed listening to this song, I wish you gl, seeya.

Thank you in advance =D

Personally I think that this is better than anything I have ever made and anything I will ever make. Great job!d
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7