Online Sequencer Forums
Chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more pipol, and what should?️done to make it les crazy - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Online Sequencer (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more pipol, and what should?️done to make it les crazy (/thread-2845.html)

Chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more pipol, and what should?️done to make it les crazy - Sosasees - 07-31-2018

The chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more people, and what should be done to make it less crazy.

Once 8 or more people are in the chat, you can't answer another chat message before someone else interrupted you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is why the chat needs a reply function, so you can click on a message, and then, if you write another chat message, it shows, that it's a reply of another chat message, and which message it's a reply of.

By the Way, it also needs a function, that, as long as you haven't scrolled down completely in the chat, you aren't sent back to the bottom, whenever someone writes a new chat message.
just imagine trying to scroll up to a message to copypaste it or parts of it, when you get sent back every second down to the newest message, because every second someone writes a new message. this is annoying.
OnlineSequencer needs pieces of code, that check, if you have scrolled completely to the bottom of the chat, and if yes, automatically scrolls down to the newest message, or if no, doesn't.
or if that's too hard to implement, a manual switch, that toggles the autoscroll.

RE: Chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more pipol, and what should?️done to make it les crazy - LucentTear - 08-01-2018

I mean, if you really wanna talk to someone directly, just pull them over for a PM through Discord, Skype, Facebook or something. The OS chat is like a "general chat" meaning anyone can respond to it at anytime. It's not really that great for individual opinions, unless you two are the only people on the site.

The autoscroll thing is something that has been suggested to be removed for a while. While I'm not certain when it would be possible for the chat to stay in one place, just use the chat logs for now. A pain to do, but I manage with it.

80% of the time it's just the younger people trying to get attention from doing stupid things on the chat, but I don't really think the chat is that chaotic. There's been worse.

[quote="Frank"]How to QUOTE PEOPLE in CHAT[/quote] - Frank - 08-01-2018

(07-31-2018, 11:52 PM)Sosasees Wrote: The chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more people, and what should be done to make it less crazy.

Once 8 or more people are in the chat, you can't answer another chat message before someone else interrupted you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is why the chat needs a reply function, so you can click on a message, and then, if you write another chat message, it shows, that it's a reply of another chat message, and which message it's a reply of.

By the Way, it also needs a function, that, as long as you haven't scrolled down completely in the chat, you aren't sent back to the bottom, whenever someone writes a new chat message.
just imagine trying to scroll up to a message to copypaste it or parts of it, when you get sent back every second down to the newest message, because every second someone writes a new message. this is annoying.
OnlineSequencer needs pieces of code, that check, if you have scrolled completely to the bottom of the chat, and if yes, automatically scrolls down to the newest message, or if no, doesn't.
or if that's too hard to implement, a manual switch, that toggles the autoscroll.

1. Lucent already addressed the auto scroll feature above. (I hate it, too)
2. There is a way to publicly reply:
Code:
[quote="author"]quoted text[/quote]
An incomplete reference list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

RE: Chat is kinda crazy with 8 or more pipol, and what should?️done to make it les crazy - Sosasees - 08-05-2018

(08-01-2018, 04:02 AM)LucentTear Wrote: 80% of the time it's just the younger people trying to get attention from doing stupid things on the chat, but I don't really think the chat is that chaotic. There's been worse.

Good Point.

Livestraem Chats on Popular YouTube Streams are way worse.
There are always so many people writing at once, that the Chat almost loses it's purpose.

The OnlineSequencer Chat was likely never like this.