Online Sequencer Forums
DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades (/thread-3362.html)

DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - DJ "R" - 05-03-2019

What's happening people?  Your pal Pleiades here, coming at ya from south of Seattle. WA.

New to the site, new to the community.  'Bout 48 hours in, and I've had the chance to see I can do with the sequencer, and what I can't do.  Despite the limitations though, I'm thoroughly impressed with what some of ya'll are able to create.  Can appreciate it too.

I'm a fabricator by trade, with a deep love and affinity for the arts.  Still dunno how to read music yet, but I seem to have a decent ear for it.  Finally giving myself permission to explore my musical side, in addition to getting serious about several passion projects.

Biggest one atm, is the beginnings of a Star Wars fan production.  Some of my friends/family can see it with me, others can't.  So I've decided to start with sound;  Figure if folks can hear it first, they'll be able to see it with me better.  Just finished putting together a rough sampling of character/production themes, just in time for May the 4th.

Feel free to give it a listen and see what you think.  I'm barely an amateur, musically speaking, but I can tell the difference between good music and not so good music.  May not exactly know what I'm doing, but I can hear whether or not it's working, to a certain extent.

Anyway, here it is.  Thanks for taking the time to read/listen/comment, and I appreciate any constructive feedback I can get at this point.
Have a good one.   Cool

[url=][/url]

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - Lopyt - 05-03-2019

When you say good and not so good, are you referring to genre, production quality, energy, or do you give personal rating based on 2 or more aspects?

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - Lopyt - 05-03-2019

Also, although it isn't Star Wars, check out The Odyssey by Symphony X if you plan on doing anything like this in the future. I'd love to hear something else like it.

Rock on dude!

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - DJ "R" - 05-03-2019

(05-03-2019, 09:34 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: Also, although it isn't Star Wars, check out The Odyssey by Symphony X if you plan on doing anything like this in the future. I'd love to hear something else like it.

Rock on dude!

Oh I love me some good Prog. Rock/Metal!  e.g. Dream Theater, Savatage, Stratovarius, Silent Force, Symphony X, Royal Hunt, and the like...

Regarding what ya said earlier, once you've listened to so many tracks, by so many different groups, bands, productions in any one of several different genres.  Your musical pallet kinda develops.  Both in a broad sense, but also in regard to a specific taste.  It's why ya might prefer to listen to Symphony X over say, Green Day or My chemical Romance, Nickelback, or 30 Seconds to mars.

There's alot of things in music that are extremely relative, but, when I try to look at things more objectively.  I usually try to consider several things.

Such as:
Creative Style
Essence
Balance
Composition
Influences vs. Originality
Production Value
Rellavence or Relatability
Depth of Expression within Thought/Theme

and then finally...

Do I want/need it on my playlist?  and if I do, why?   Wink

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - Lopyt - 05-04-2019

Wow, someone actually has similar taste...

Oh yeah, genres can be quite impossible to compare, as say Giant Steps sounds quite different from, say, Eyes of Abomination, or Through the Fire and Flames. I just know too many people that hate metal ?

I do like Nickelback; not so much green day, and I don't think I've heard the others.

Good luck with your Star Wars stuff dude!

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - Julesvpraag - 05-04-2019

wtf is this *****

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - DJ "R" - 05-04-2019

(05-04-2019, 10:18 AM)Julesvpraag Wrote: wtf is this *****

Relax chief, it's just a conversation.  Ya'know, like we have all the time by the water cooler...   Cool

RE: DJ "R" here, aka. Professor Pleiades - LucentTear - 05-04-2019

(05-04-2019, 07:08 PM)Void Wrote: Some really weird people on OS lately.

I think he's better than that LTEDTX person :^)))