Online Sequencer Forums
1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Online Sequencer (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats (/thread-3429.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Online Sequencer - 06-09-2019

[Image: avatar_22631.png?dateline=1553547955]
HELLO ONLINE SEQUENCER

My name is Alex and I would like to announce the 1st ever Battle of the Beats. Sign up down below if you would like to participate. Winner will be announced on August 5th

Overview:
The Battle of the Beats is hosted by the OS Event Committee that happens during the month of July. This is a tournament of Online Sequencer composers who specialize in percussion. There are 5 rounds. The first round, round of 16, the quarterfinals, the semifinals, and the finals. Each round except the preliminaries are 1v1 and will have to do a beat challenge to progress. The voting is up to community vote. At the end, we will have a hierarchy of beatmakers.

I have 3 motives on why i want to do this contest. 

Motives:
  1. To rank all percussionist users so that we have a general categorization
  2. If users want to find a percussionist for a collab, they can see the list and figure out who they want to have them help them on their project
  3. This would be a fun community activity to bring us together
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rules:
  • You must not intentionally copy someone else's beat
  • You must make the beat in the style of the challenge
  • You must submit a song by the decided deadline. If not, your opponent will automatically win by default and move to the next round
  • You may use all types of drum kits unless the challenge specifically stated that you may not be able to
  • Will be voted on by the community so don't vote for yourself.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rounds of the Tournament:

First Round- Anyone can sign up and join (Release Date: July 1st. Entry Deadline: July 5th. Voting deadline: July 7th)
      |
Round of 16- The 16 that made it from the first round (Release Date: July 8th. Entry Deadline: July 12th. Voting deadline: July 14th)
      |
QuarterFinals- The 8 that made it from Round of 16 (Release Date: July 15th. Entry Deadline: July 19th. Voting deadline: July 21st)
      |
SemiFinals- The 4 that made it from QF (Release Date: July 22nd. Entry Deadline: July 26th. Voting deadline: July 28th)
      |
Finals- The 4 from SF. The winning pair and the losing pair (Release Date: July 29th. Entry Deadline: August 2nd. Voting deadline: August 4th)
      |
Champion- The Winner.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS JUNE 29 SO DON'T WAIT

Current Participants:
Alex!
Kirbyderp
Nameless
Fox
Sir_Guy
Void
Xstep
Vulminous_music
Gazxons
Doublepower
LucentTear
MysTrysT
Pricerocks
Sercho
Lumien
Frank
MTN-HNG
SansTheSkeleton
Jonah
Julesvpraag
Kurtch
The Newlstoon

Current Participants: 23

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - LucentTear - 06-09-2019

LET ME INNNNNNNNNN

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Doublepower - 06-09-2019

that is a LOT of big names.

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - MysTrysT - 06-09-2019

i would like to join

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Alex_ - 06-09-2019

Also 1 last thing. If 16 or less participate, I will move forward to  the Round of 16 and announcing dates will be moved back to the week before. So like the final winner will be announced on  July 29th.  So far 11 have signed up.

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Pricerocks - 06-09-2019

Aw what the heck, count me in

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - sercho - 06-09-2019

amma end everyones whole career

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Lumien - 06-09-2019

I am now inside your house (please enter me)

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Frank - 06-09-2019

I shall join to make others look good.

RE: 1st Annual Battle of the Beats - Lopyt - 06-09-2019

YAY...

Better not make me use the damned 808...