Online Sequencer Forums
OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Online Sequencer (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Collaborations (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 (/thread-4037.html)

OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - NextLvlPew - 06-29-2020

On this day, June 29th, 2020... The fates ordained a collaboration of legendary legends of legend... and thus it began.

Rules:
1. Each participant is limited to 8 bars of music.
2. May only use ONE instrument
3. No editing other's contributions and each contribution must be a new instrument (no duplicates).

As Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks) in Cast Away would say...
Fire LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATED!!!! Fire

Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire

I will probably host random collabs in the future and am open to participating in other's collaborations. I do prefer short loopy compositions though over more serious/longer collabs. Maybe some day, some day Smile
Thank you to all who participated!
13thBeeing

“Everybody needs a hand at some point or another, that’s how life works. Just make sure you’re ready to lend a hand yourself when your number comes up.”

RE: OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - MythOfMine - 06-29-2020

So is this like someone uses one instrument, then someone else adds on with a different instrument?

RE: OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - Risviltsov - 06-29-2020

Yep.

I did the percussion here.

I'm still learning.

I think my favorite version was the Smooth Synth + Acoustic Guitar + 8-bit Sine + E.Drums.

RE: OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - NextLvlPew - 06-29-2020

(06-29-2020, 07:18 PM)MythOfMine Wrote: So is this like someone uses one instrument, then someone else adds on with a different instrument?

Essentially, yes. You are more than welcome to add on to it if you'd like but I was making this post with what I felt was a finished product. Next time I will make a forum post first for a more formal collab. This one was my first and more of an ad hoc spur of the moment deal in OSChat. If you do add and/or remix it please share your talent. I know a few expressed interest in remixing it already.

RE: OSChat Makes Music Collab #1 - NextLvlPew - 06-30-2020

(06-29-2020, 07:13 PM)13thBeeing Wrote: On this day, June 29th, 2020... The fates ordained a collaboration of legendary legends of legend... and thus it began.

Rules:
1. Each participant is limited to 8 bars of music.
2. May only use ONE instrument
3. No editing other's contributions and each contribution must be a new instrument (no duplicates).

As Chuck Noland (Tom Hanks) in Cast Away would say...
Fire LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATED!!!! Fire

Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire

I will probably host random collabs in the future and am open to participating in other's collaborations. I do prefer short loopy compositions though over more serious/longer collabs. Maybe some day, some day Smile
Thank you to all who participated!
13thBeeing

“Everybody needs a hand at some point or another, that’s how life works. Just make sure you’re ready to lend a hand yourself when your number comes up.”
gax made an awesome remix so I'll post it here for everyone to enjoy