Online Sequencer Forums
Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Online Sequencer (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Events (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 (/thread-4739.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - LucentTear - 01-01-2021

[Image: unknown.png]

Happy New Year, Online Sequencer! As of late, the site has implemented many useful updates. Since these updates present a large number of creative opportunities, cork and I would like to announce the OS Space Race of 2021! In this contest, you guys will use the latest sequencer features to discover new sounds and express your ideas to their fullest extent!

For those who remember the World Update Contest in 2018, this contest will be another large-scale contest that will last 4 months—from January 1 until April (TBA). This will be separated into 3 months submission entry (January-March) and 1 month revision (April).

Here are the guidelines for this contest:
  • Basic sequence etiquette applies—any sequence that does not follow the Online Sequencer Rules will be disqualified.
  • Each person may submit up to 3 sequences.
  • Collaborations are allowed and will count towards your max sequence entries. Prizes will be split respectively.
  • You may only use original songs for this contest—no remixes.
Your sequence must meet these requirements:
  • At least 1 Marker
  • At least 1 Instrument with EQ
  • At least 1 Instrument with Panning
While these are the requirements to qualify your entry, please make use of the features as much as you can! We will look for those who have the best execution and creativity in their entries.

For this year, do not fret about keeping up with the current Monthly Contests—as they will be hosted every other month. I’ve coordinated with Kirbyderp to make sure these don’t cause too much stress and demotivation.

Judging will work similarly to the World Update Contest where cork and I will categorize your sequences based on a specific criteria list. After categorizing your sequences into tiers, we will open a few Google Forms for public voting.

Prizes will be determined as we near the judging period for the contest. There will be OS merch involved for this contest. This post will be updated periodically.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask either me (Lucent) or cork over the website chat/Discord. We hope to hear your sequences soon, good luck!

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - PuzzlePuddles - 01-01-2021

pogchamp

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Mr. Magicman - 01-01-2021

i'm psyched for this. i can't wait to see what people come up with

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Firebolt391d - 01-01-2021

(01-01-2021, 08:53 PM)LucentTear Wrote: Your sequence must meet these requirements:
  • 1 Marker
  • 1 Instrument with EQ
  • 1 Instrument with Panning
While these are the requirements to qualify your entry, please make use of the features as much as you can! We will look for those who have the best execution and creativity in their entries.

Hey Lucent. Question:
In the "requirements" section, where you say "1 Marker; 1 Instrument with EQ; 1 Instrument with Panning," and then you say "make use of the features as much as you can," does this mean that we need 'at least 1' of said things?
Thanks.

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - LucentTear - 01-02-2021

(01-01-2021, 11:13 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 08:53 PM)LucentTear Wrote: Your sequence must meet these requirements:
  • 1 Marker
  • 1 Instrument with EQ
  • 1 Instrument with Panning

Hey Lucent. Question:
In the "requirements" section, where you say "1 Marker; 1 Instrument with EQ; 1 Instrument with Panning," and then you say "make use of the features as much as you can," does this mean that we need 'at least 1' of said things?
Thanks.

You'll need at least one of those things, yes. I'll go ahead and update the post as soon as possible.

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Cringe_Gaming_64yt - 01-02-2021

i feel like a clown for knowing that i am going to try

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - XCIX_Music - 01-02-2021

I’m pretty ignorant around OS and have no *****ing clue what a marker is. Could you please explain?

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - LucentTear - 01-02-2021

(01-02-2021, 07:35 AM)XCIX_Music Wrote: I’m pretty ignorant around OS and have no *****ing clue what a marker is. Could you please explain?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEuajgWiRq066Le4Vc0B_7Nw8HDDRUikyrCBpn9Qma4/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Веn - 01-08-2021

RE: Online Sequencer Space Race 2021 - Legendary_ - 01-10-2021

this has a lot of time put into