Online Sequencer Forums
How to Change Note Length - Printable Version

+- Online Sequencer Forums (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Online Sequencer (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: News (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: How to Change Note Length (/thread-642.html)

Pages: 1 2

How to Change Note Length - cork - 02-11-2016

This is the most asked question on the Forums by a landslide. I am not allowing it to be asked again. In order to make the site a better experience for the Users, any questions regarding note will be answered here.

If any user asks in the Forums on how to change note length, their post will be deleted. I will then forward them to this post via personal message.

How to Change Note Length

First, you must locate the Experiments Tab, which is located on the Navigation Bar. Click on that to go to the Experimental menu. Or this because no one can find the Experiments Tab anymore.

[Image: 4BiDVYI.png]

In the experimental menu, you will find different options such as sorting through random sequences and placing notes via console. But what we want is to change the note length:

[Image: jIWpram.png]

Now that we know what to do to change the note length, let's make a sequence:

[Image: E9Upp0p.png]

What we need to do is to open the Console. To do that, press F12 (Apple products may be different). A menu will pop up. The default menu may be wrong. In order to get this to work, click on the button labeled Console (layout may vary by browser).

[Image: 0naPd16.png]

After you have navigated to the correct menu, type the command grid=1/4 into the console.*
*The grid size can be replaced with any value!

[Image: enkY6tT.png]

You should be returned with this message:

[Image: nSUOTLQ.png]

Now you have longer notes! Happy Sequencing!

[Image: WePimgZ.png]

RE: How to Change Note Length - Eric - 02-11-2016

Chrome users like myself use Control Shift J
The grid variable that makes it a longer note is the second factor.
1/4 (4 length), 1/5 (5 length), 1/6 (6 length), and so on.
switch between grids to get your original length. This is also useful for moving the notes to desired position.
The most frequently used grid will probably be 1/4 on most songs, so copy the command to your clip board.

RE: How to Change Note Length - Treks - 03-02-2016

Thanks!

RE: How to Change Note Length - Supreme Marshal - 12-24-2016

That is very complicated just to make longer note....................

RE: How to Change Note Length - Jacob_ - 12-25-2016

(12-24-2016, 01:49 AM)Supreme Marshal Wrote: That is very complicated just to make longer note....................

It's a hack, the notes still sound the same when you play them on the website. This is probably only useful if you're planning on exporting a MIDI.

RE: How to Change Note Length - MysticSwe - 12-26-2016

(12-25-2016, 09:25 AM)Jacob Wrote: It's a hack, the notes still sound the same when you play them on the website. This is probably only useful if you're planning on exporting a MIDI.

Aha! ...That's why I could not hear anything... It seems useless to me right now but who knows, I might need it later Wink

RE: How to Change Note Length - kevin ferradas - 02-20-2017

It doesn't appears in my screen " experiments"

RE: How to Change Note Length - halowoo1 - 02-28-2017

(02-20-2017, 12:56 PM)kevin ferradas Wrote: It doesn't appears in my screen " experiments"

halowoo1

same here

RE: How to Change Note Length - cork - 02-28-2017

you don't need to visit the Experiments tab before using the code. You can use this forum post as a reference

RE: How to Change Note Length - LucentTear - 05-07-2017

(02-28-2017, 06:45 PM)d-c-s-m Wrote: you don't need to visit the Experiments tab before using the code. You can use this forum post as a reference

Edited the main post to include the link to the Experiments tab because no one seems to be getting that you don't need to go there.