Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Quick poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please do not cgange user interface! This is the one scrap of noncrap visuals they have still
Totally. Please don't cgange the UI lol
^^^^^^^
get me them collabness
(09-07-2019, 09:18 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Please do not change user interface! This is the one scrap of noncrap visuals they have still

Thanks, I hate the modern trend of unnecessary whitespace being added everywhere. I'll stick with the 2015 design for now.
Hey!

White space, also known as negative space, is extremely important. It's what makes things more minimalistic and enjoyable to look at. Take this, for example:

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once. Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all. If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once. Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.

That's a wall of text, and it probably doesn't make you want to read it all that much. Now, let's add some paragraph indents, double spaces, and other bells and whistles (Whitespace!):

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive.

We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once.

Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once.

Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.

See? Adding so-called "unnecessary whitespace" to the website can make it easier to spot different functions hidden throughout the layout (For example: the options at the bottom of the screen, 1/4-16, scrolling, etc.). 

Hopefully, you guys learned something from this post. I hope you reconsider your opinion about whitespace.  Wink
(09-09-2019, 02:58 AM)MarkPD Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!

White space, also known as negative space, is extremely important. It's what makes things more minimalistic and enjoyable to look at. Take this, for example:

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once. Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all. If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once. Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an oaf of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all.

That's a wall of text, and it probably doesn't make you want to read it all that much. Now, let's add some paragraph indents, double spaces, and other bells and whistles (Whitespace!):

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive.

We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once.

If I don’t like something, I’ll stay away from it. She was too short to see over the fence. She only paints with bold colors; she does not like pastels. Is it free? I love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches. Don't step on the broken glass. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived.  Check back tomorrow; I will see if the book has arrived. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

He said he was not there yesterday; however, many people saw him there. The old apple revels in its authority. I really want to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. We have never been to Asia, nor have we visited Africa. I checked to make sure that he was still alive. The old apple revels in its authority. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. Wednesday is hump day, but has anyone asked the camel if he’s happy about it? I would have gotten the promotion, but my attendance wasn’t good enough. She always speaks to him in a loud voice. This is a Japanese doll. She advised him to come back at once.

See? Adding so-called "unnecessary whitespace" to the website can make it easier to spot different functions hidden throughout the layout (For example: the options at the bottom of the screen, 1/4-16, scrolling, etc.). 

Hopefully, you guys learned something from this post. I hope you reconsider your opinion about whitespace.  Wink

I'll add more whitespace as soon as I finish all of the Universe Update instruments

This is called using paragraphs, and is not what I mean when I talk of whitespace and modern computer design.

Large sans serif fonts in high contrast on a pure white background causes a feel of emptiness and lack of effort. It may seem more modern, but that doesn't define its positive contribution. White screens can be harmful to the eyes, especially when they're bright, and when they are dimmed, the text becomes difficult to see. If you open www.google.com you can see a great example of reference. Large letters, blinding white, near nothing on the page, etc. (In my unprofessional opinion, it looks like an animal psyvology test or something, due to its simplicity.) 

In my unprofessional opinion, no more than three different fonts and no more than 5 different colours should be used in the design. Also, try to avoid weirder fonts like Brush Script MS. They make the design look very unprofessional. Space should be used efficiently, but not as to cause difficulty in navigation of the design. Black on white is readable, but to give a more natural look, lets make what isn't being read (excluding navigational text such as Home, Contact Us, etc.) a darker colour. Gray, purple and blue are very good, just make sure they are dimmed. I also think it should be important to give a sense of depth to the viewer by adding clever shading and shadows. This is easy to overdo, though. Another big thing is make sure your pictures are high quality and formatted well. Clip art quickly degrades the design's legitimacy.

My intention is not to dictate what people should enjoy, but rather to provide an extra source of information that can enlighten one's choices. I advocate proper typography, and will support anything if the pros outweigh the cons, but until I know each, I cannot make a valid decision. If you can convince me why I should advocate this computer design revolution, I shall argue in your favour.
(09-09-2019, 09:28 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll add more whitespace as soon as I finish all of the Universe Update instruments
Right...  Heh
Pages: 1 2