Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: UNFAIR QUESTIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Cringe_Gaming_64yt Wrote: [ -> ]"Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment proposed in 2010 by the user Roko on the Less Wrong community blog. Roko used ideas in decision theory to argue that a sufficiently powerful AI agent would have an incentive to torture anyone who imagined the agent but didn't work to bring the agent into existence. The argument was called a "basilisk" because merely hearing the argument would supposedly put you at risk of torture from this hypothetical agent — a basilisk in this context is any information that harms or endangers the people who hear it"

https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Roko's_b...0existence.

would this happen in real life or not? would this be realistic for it to happen in the real world?

This is actually a really interesting question- i have a character/being concept remarkably similar to such.

It's name is Moe'ck. It means "The word" or "The Tongue"

It's kind of like a language, kind of not. When you speak it, you are possessed by "The Tongue". You are given great power, but it hurts you severely everytime you use this power.

Once you know it's secret, you cannot unlearn it. It is a part of you.
(10-11-2020, 07:13 PM)Jey Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Cringe_Gaming_64yt Wrote: [ -> ]"Roko's basilisk is a thought experiment proposed in 2010 by the user Roko on the Less Wrong community blog. Roko used ideas in decision theory to argue that a sufficiently powerful AI agent would have an incentive to torture anyone who imagined the agent but didn't work to bring the agent into existence. The argument was called a "basilisk" because merely hearing the argument would supposedly put you at risk of torture from this hypothetical agent — a basilisk in this context is any information that harms or endangers the people who hear it"

https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Roko's_b...0existence.

would this happen in real life or not? would this be realistic for it to happen in the real world?

This is actually a really interesting question- i have a character/being concept remarkably similar to such.

It's name is Moe'ck. It means "The word" or "The Tongue"

It's kind of like a language, kind of not. When you speak it, you are possessed by "The Tongue". You are given great power, but it hurts you severely everytime you use this power.

Once you know it's secret, you cannot unlearn it. It is a part of you.
i guess you can classify these as info-hazards
(09-26-2020, 10:28 AM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the sky not the color outside blue and white and black?
because it can and u mek nonsensicalz
OK new rule to clarify the point of this. Basically, one person asks a question, and then the next person has to answer that question and then asks a new question. This kinda went out of hand because everyone wanted to ask questions and almost no one answered them.
so let's start over from the beginning: What color is nonexistence?
I have one!

Do you trust someone who tells you to trust nobody?
Oh, and nonexistence is void of color, or anything, really.
A: If someone says to trust nobody I wouldn't trust him/her, because he told me to trust nobody, which includes him/her. But that nobody includes myself, meaning that I wouldn't trust myself in trusting the person asking me to trust nobody, meaning I wouldn't not trust anybody telling me to trust nobody, which states that when I trust somebody, I can't trust myself in trusting somebody, meaning that it would create an infinite loophole in trusting somebody, while not being able to trust myself because I am. This concludes in the fact that only a nobody could trust someone, who is a nobody aswell, meaning that the intercurriculum of a nobody would be anybody. To simplify, I would only trust someone telling me to trust nobody if both him/her and I are nobodies, and the people that were told by him/her not to be trusted were anybodies.

Q: What exactly is a Boltzmann Brain, and how big is the chance that you will run into one right now?
a boltzmann brain is a boltzmann brain, because thats apparently what it is. and as many as there are is how likely youll run into them
middle-clicking a link will open it in a new tab. what happens if you middle-click the new tab button?
A: ask allah wat would happen

Q: are you alive?
Pages: 1 2 3