Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Need computer help, my computer broke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, I tried turning it off and on again, did System Restore twice too
Yeah, you can plug in as many HDDs as your motherboard can fit. They show up on windows in My Computer or This PC or whatever it's called. I have 3 right now, but I used to have 5. When I was suggesting adding an SSD, I meant keep your current HDD and just add the SSD and put a new install of windows on it.
How do I install windows on it if I can barely even launch windows?
You said it could run windows before. You can install another copy of windows on a new hard drive, or your spare one (though that'll delete all the data on the spare hard drive). I have 2 HDDs with windows on them rn, so during boot it gives me an option to choose which I want to boot.
How do I install windows though? I don't know how to install it onto the hard drive
Thanks for all the help by the way, I really appreciate it
If you have the installer disk you can use that. My computer doesn't have a disk drive, so I use a USB stick: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...c3b507420d
I don't have an installer disk or USB drive, is there a way I could download it with my phone and put it on a USB drive or disk?
I don't think so. You'll need a computer to make the installer USB. Do you have a friend or neighbor you can ask?
Since you said that the fans are spinning slowly though, maybe there's a loose fan connection, or dust in the fans. Maybe you should try pulling everything apart, cleaning out all the dust, and putting it back together.
Pages: 1 2 3 4