Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Need computer help, my computer broke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, I will try that, however it seems strange that it would get like this so suddenly
You said this was after you put in the new sound card. Maybe when installing it you bumped a cable or something
If your fans aren't working properly, it's probably running slow because the CPU is thermally throttled. If the CPU gets too hot it slows down, to prevent damage (fun fact, this is the main reason laptops are slower than desktops, they can't get rid of the heat fast enough).

I guess you should hold off on the windows reinstall until you figure out why the fans aren't working properly.
Thabks so much for all the help
What kind of CPU should I get?

Is NVidia GeForce GTX 460 good enough for Minecraft? And is it better than nVidia GeForce 8400 GS?
Idk. You can look up benchmarks for different parts. You can also use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to check compatibility.

But the easiest way is just to figure out how much you're willing to spend, and look up a build people have made at that price. Just make sure the build was designed in 2020 or 2021.
Why is the date important? I really don't care if my parts are old if they work, and prefer cheaper stuff anyway
When I say suddenly, I mean it was very much not a gradual process, it was running great just minutes before
the date matters because newer parts will always be better at a given price point. 2021's $100 GPUs are better than 2018's.

But even if that's not the case, newer builds still have access to all the old parts, so if an old part really is the best in a particular situation, then it will still be used in the newer builds (assuming the build is well designed).
I FIXED IT!!

Somehow, uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card fixed it!

What the hell?
Pages: 1 2 3 4