Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Got Plagiarized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Made this last year before I had an account.

I was shocked as hell when this happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyrE6eHvG0
sounds nothing alike lmao
(04-08-2021, 07:04 AM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]sounds nothing alike lmao
1:03 -  1:21
1:50 - 1:59
2:29 - 2:38

Listen to the notation please.
Are you sure? There are probably millions of those covers and tons of different versions
pwned
(04-08-2021, 07:06 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? There are probably millions of those covers and tons of different versions
There are. The YouTube video has UNIQUE elements that is not from the original cover, but are from my cover.
The YouTube one and mine are the ONLY two that have those unique elements, the one's I linked with the timestamps.
You could just report the Youtube video and tell the moderators what had happened? Maybe even link the sequence?
(04-08-2021, 07:12 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]You could just report the Youtube video and tell the moderators what had happened? Maybe even link the sequence?
I tried, but then it told me to fill out all kinds of legal copyright insanity, and I have repeatedly tried to show the guy that I made the original and linked the sequence to him like three times but everytime he deleted my comment except for when I said, "can you please stop deleting my comments?"
I'm honestly just a little scared to get involved in some legal insanity, I mean I'm just a teen with zero legal knowledge...
What does this 'legal insanity' say?
The problem for me is that it's only sections of the song that got lifted, and I don't think he literally copied me. I think he closely listened to my version and then sort of "recreated" it in whatever software he was using. That's the part where I'm stuck, cuz if he literally downloaded the audio file of my sequence and included it in his video this would be easier.
"Legal insanity" It says for me to write my relationship to the copyrighted material, but what do I put there. If I put "creator" and the person didn't literally take the song that I created and instead recreated some portions of it, I'm not sure if I have any leverage here.
Also wait moderators? On YouTube? If you're talking about online sequencer moderators, I'm not sure how much power they would have in this situation.
Pages: 1 2