Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: make preview mode better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Make the Preview / Sequence Viewer better.

The preview mode has a lot of little imperfections and logic-based bugs.

I can still delete notes while in the preview mode with the right-click shortcut, so there still is some editing capabilities within the preview mode and that is kinda strange to me. I might suggest disabling the ability to delete notes like this.

One thing I have always wanted tho is the ability to zoom in and out while just being in the sequence preview/viewer. Currently the zoom tool is a tool that is only accessible from the editor mode. I might suggest making the zoom tool accessible from the preview mode as well.

It might also be nice to be able to have access to the Auto Scroll mode selector from the preview mode. I feel like this is something that is pretty understandable why the preview mode should have this. Same reason why the Fast Graphics is accessible from there as well.

It might also be nice to change the BPM in the preview mode, but this is less needed.
It might also be nice to be able to see the total amount of notes there are in the sequence from the preview mode, but again, this would be less needed.

Just some thoughts and suggestions.
enable edit mode then
eventually we're going to remake the preview mode and change the format to look nicer and be more useful. ill see what i can do about the deleting notes in preview mode because that annoys me also lol
Oh wait. I just found out.
They made the inside of the grid actual interface up with the browser ctrl+mousewheel zoom
Wow just discovered this. This will greatly improve my experience here.
Thanks.
yep, you can use your keyboard shortcuts/mouse scroll wheel to zoom in preview mode. though it might be cool to add zoom buttons for accessibility or something
(06-26-2021, 05:13 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]eventually we're going to remake the preview mode and change the format to look nicer and be more useful. ill see what i can do about the deleting notes in preview mode because that annoys me also lol

Oh okay, this sounds good as well.
Thanks fox!
Also just edited the main post:
It might also be nice to be able to have access to the Auto Scroll mode selector from the preview mode.
This was the one other thing that had been on my mind.

But, just a thought - it is less needed and doesn't matter. If you are going to change the preview mode maybe this is something to keep in mind but its good enough already that you're planning on changing it to begin with.
I'd find it helpful if the preview mode told you how long a sequence was, in minutes and seconds. Maybe that's a bit tricky to do properly these days when markers can change BPM, and when often people include silent notes at the end. I still want to know what I'm getting into when I press play on a sequence though.
What if preview mode had a larger buffer or whatever so its less laggy on bad computers
(06-26-2021, 05:23 PM)The Institute Wrote: [ -> ]I'd find it helpful if the preview mode told you how long a sequence was, in minutes and seconds. Maybe that's a bit tricky to do properly these days when markers can change BPM, and when often people include silent notes at the end. I still want to know what I'm getting into when I press play on a sequence though.
this will also come with the redesign, pretty simple and we already have a system for it
Pages: 1 2