Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2021 August Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Are covers allowed?
(08-18-2021, 04:50 AM)Toady_Man Wrote: [ -> ]Are covers allowed?

They're not explicitly disallowed, but you generally don't see them in the winner lists.

So many great sequences this contest!
(08-21-2021, 01:29 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]So many great sequences this contest!

I think you or bentoonie will win.
Here are my two entries! I really enjoyed this contest's theme a lot and had tons of fun working on these :)) I believe them to be some of my best work to date, and I'll probably work on extended versions separate from the contest. Enjoy, and best of luck to all!

You are the Captain of the A.F.S. Equinox, a military vessel carrying supplies to aid Axian forces fighting on the planet below. You're almost there when suddenly you are attacked by a group of pirates looking to board your ship and steal the supplies! Time to gear up and defend yourself. You need to stay cool and collected otherwise they may hijack your ship, and compromise your mission!

This one doesn't really have a backstory so use your imagination lol. Although time travel was a loose inspiration.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215]
Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2021 August Monthly Contest winners!

As always, a big thanks to all who participated in the contest!

In first place we have späc by bentoonie. Congratulations, you'll be getting 5 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In second place we have The Endless by JackLooksPale. Great job! You'll be getting 4 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In third place we have approaching the rift by Calico. Nice job, you'll be getting 3 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

We also have a few honorable mentions! Congratulations to everyone listed below. You'll all be getting 1 point on the Grand Leaderboard.
See you all tomorrow at next month's contest!

Really well done on this one. I personally would've like to have swapped second and third, but the judges made their decision and it was really close.
Job well done. Even the honorable mentions were great too, as always.

Oh, also, even though it technically didn't make the cut, I think Dreams of the Synthetic Mind should be listed here too. I think it's mentionable because the majority of the judges liked it.
(08-31-2021, 04:46 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]Really well done on this one. I personally would've like to have swapped second and third, but the judges made their decision and it was really close.
Job well done. Even the honorable mentions were great too, as always.

0///0
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215]
Hello everyone. After noting an unexpected outcome of this past monthly contest and determining its cause, the monthly contest committee deemed that it was due to a flaw in the voting process. Because of this flaw, one of Lopyt's entries, Dreams Of The Synthetic Mind, was not given the honorable mention status that it most definitely earned. We would like to apologize to Lopyt for letting this error occur in the first place, and we will retroactively be giving his aforementioned entry the honorable mention status. The voting process has been amended in order to prevent another error like this from occurring in the future.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5