Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: How do I structure a story?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-17-2021, 09:25 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Cel, also use LibreOffice or OpenOffice

Yeah, those work too lol. I usually just use google docs though since I don't have much to do stuff like that on Tounge
(09-24-2021, 08:12 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]I have this cool plot but I don't know how to expand it into a story

I write all the time. I wish that I could write more but I work a day job.

Open a document, any blank document.

Put down all of your plot points or ideas in point form.

Cut and paste them into the right order.

Read through them and get ideas to possibly tie them together.

As you keep brainstorming, add details to each point until you reach the stage that you can write it into full sentence prose.

Don't worry about starting at the beginning and working through in order. That's the beauty of the processed document, you can edit, cut/paste, insert or delete at will. Just fill in what inspires you the most at any given moment that you have time to sit down and work on it.

The point form acts as the skeleton and once you have a good strong skeleton (or even part of the skeleton) you can add in the flesh details.
Thank you so much for these recommendations! Structuring history is sometimes quite difficult, especially under the influence of postmodernism, which sometimes prevents me from writing logical and structured texts. At https://www.bestessay.com/ I always get quality help in writing essays that are always well structured.
Pages: 1 2