Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Limited Event: The OS Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 5ywsJyCeNB2j8lc6MFHk__WJh3SEJXvV6pHdQbgu...KxKvxXL=s0]

[Image: avatar_43315.jpg?dateline=1614785533] Hey Online Sequencer!

With the tons of new updates and features also comes a new tournament-style contest - the OS Games.

The tournament will work like this:
  • Everyone who is reading this forum can sign up to participate - and each member will be divided amongst 8 teams. Each team will compete in challenges to score points.
  • Every Sunday, a new challenge will be announced. You and your teammates will have until the following Friday to complete the challenge.
  • Results will be posted that Saturday, to allot for break time and team planning. The top scoring team will receive 8 points, the second 7, etc.
  • At the end of 7 weeks, whoever has the most points wins!
  • Teams will be judged by a set of criteria each week, and scored accordingly.
  • Each team will have a team captain, an apply-only position for OS members who want to help promote team spirit and encourage friendly competition. Apply to be a team captain here: https://forms.gle/cRQ8izS4HLQrvFpy7. Note: It is mandatory for team captains join the discord.

You have until Oct 21 to sign up/apply - this way, the tournament can start in November, and wrap up around the holidays.

If you want to watch the event take place but don’t want to participate, or maybe you missed the sign-up deadline, you can join the audience, a group designated to watch and hype up whichever teams they want to.

Teams will communicate primarily through discord, and will have access to private channels and VC's. This is also how you will get in touch with admin and your teammates! Please join if you are participating or watching. Participants, it may hinder your teammates if you do not.

Weekly challenges will be announced live via Discord Stage - however if you miss a live announcement, the challenges will be posted in a text channel.

If you have any questions, DM me on discord, and if you want to participate but do not have one, please PM steggy on OS forums.
In the meantime, see you at the games! May the best team win : )

Join the event discord for team communication and live announcements! https://discord.gg/4QmCcNWH6Z
Ok I want to join
yeehaw
Is this likes the Olympics
Why not just make a private chat system on the website
(10-01-2021, 10:37 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just make a private chat system on the website

janky af
also there are no notifications
thats so 2001
i wanna join even though ill suck at this gmae lmoa
How will the audience find out about the results each week? It would be cool if there was a short video posted to update the results and show what the winning teams are up to, I could help with that.
(10-01-2021, 03:37 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 10:37 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just make a private chat system on the website

janky af
also there are no notifications
thats so 2001

I'd say using 3 different unrelated websites is jankier
(10-01-2021, 03:39 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]How will the audience find out about the results each week?  It would be cool if there was a short video posted to update the results and show what the winning teams are up to, I could help with that.

On discord, there is a #scoreboard channel that will be updated when the scores are released Smile
Pages: 1 2 3