Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: User Reposting Permissions List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(03-25-2024, 03:27 AM)FemaleGlaceon1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2023, 03:22 PM)sxg4rfr3e Wrote: [ -> ]Notify me on Discord @sxg4rfr3e if you remix my song. If you have no Discord, then don't.

You actually cannot enforce this rule, due to the way the actual whole point of the site is to remix and create sequences.
You can even take this up with a moderator and they would say you cannot do that.
so, we do not have to notify you at any point, and you can cry and scream about it cause I proved you wrong.

I agree, but I do not approve of this attitude.  Dial it back at least until you no longer have to use both bold and italics for inflection.

It's true that any kind of list like this is very informal and can't really be enforced that well.  More effective would be to handle people editing your sequences on a case-by-case basis personally and maybe add relevant info to your sequencer bio and such if your sequences are just so in-demand that you can't keep up.
Obviously, plagiarism is against the rules (a properly-credited edit is not plagiarism).  Anything else should be handled personally and in a civil manner.
(03-25-2024, 11:57 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this should be moved to the wiki so everyone can edit?
I agree.  This thread is 6 years old too.

I'll try to remember to make that if no one else does, then I'll lock this.
(03-25-2024, 01:09 PM)Веn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2024, 03:27 AM)FemaleGlaceon1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2023, 03:22 PM)sxg4rfr3e Wrote: [ -> ]Notify me on Discord @sxg4rfr3e if you remix my song. If you have no Discord, then don't.

You actually cannot enforce this rule, due to the way the actual whole point of the site is to remix and create sequences.
You can even take this up with a moderator and they would say you cannot do that.
so, we do not have to notify you at any point, and you can cry and scream about it cause I proved you wrong.

I agree, but I do not approve of this attitude.  Dial it back at least until you no longer have to use both bold and italics for inflection.

It's true that any kind of list like this is very informal and can't really be enforced that well.  More effective would be to handle people editing your sequences on a case-by-case basis personally and maybe add relevant info to your sequencer bio and such if your sequences are just so in-demand that you can't keep up.
Obviously, plagiarism is against the rules (a properly-credited edit is not plagiarism).  Anything else should be handled personally and in a civil manner.

I agree here, totally.
I still, though, wanna be in orange now, because of plagiarism and the new report abuse button, as well as the plagiarism plague back in August 2021:

Benvisions (✓) (you must ask for my permission first before making a repost out of my song, but remixing is fine)
willliam (ASK) although it's a green check-mark if you only delete the vocals from any of my Friday-night-funkin'-related projects and a red X if you pass it of as the "original"
(03-25-2024, 01:13 PM)Веn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2024, 11:57 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this should be moved to the wiki so everyone can edit?
I agree.  This thread is 6 years old too.

I'll try to remember to make that if no one else does, then I'll lock this.

This thread is 6 years old!?
I had just seen what this thread is for and i don't know if anybody is still on here but, reposting is acceptable, but please notify me when you do or at least give me credit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12