Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Top 10 things to avoid as a beginner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(03-10-2018, 04:13 PM)alex32124 Wrote: [ -> ]oh. dont forget about the megalovainias

yea it was fun at first but when i started hearing it all over the place it took a downfall
I have 3 other things you can be a problem:

1. High-Pitched Notes
A problem with some sequences is that they use too many high-pitched 8-bit notes. These consist of: 8-bit Square, 8-bit Sine, 8-bit Sawtooth, and 8-bit Triangle. This make people not like your sequence, because they make your sequence hard to hear and it makes listeners cringe. If you aren't careful, some speakers will continue on with the note until the same pitch is interacted with in edit mode or the page is refreshed, hurting people's ears and stressing some people out.

2. Too Much Craziness
If your sequence is super cluttered and filled with very loud and/or rapid notes, old speakers will probably not interpret the song correctly, so while it's playing, it's silent for a long time.

3. 8-bit Sine in the Wrong Places
If you try to use melody with 8-bit Sine, it probably won't sound right. This is because the lower 8-bit Sine pitches are hard to hear.
(07-14-2019, 12:11 PM)Gr8Studios_Music Wrote: [ -> ]I have 3 other things you can be a problem:

1. High-Pitched Notes
A problem with some sequences is that they use too many high-pitched 8-bit notes. These consist of: 8-bit Square, 8-bit Sine, 8-bit Sawtooth, and 8-bit Triangle. This make people not like your sequence, because they make your sequence hard to hear and it makes listeners cringe. If you aren't careful, some speakers will continue on with the note until the same pitch is interacted with in edit mode or the page is refreshed, hurting people's ears and stressing some people out.

2. Too Much Craziness
If your sequence is super cluttered and filled with very loud and/or rapid notes, old speakers will probably not interpret the song correctly, so while it's playing, it's silent for a long time.

3. 8-bit Sine in the Wrong Places
If you try to use melody with 8-bit Sine, it probably won't sound right. This is because the lower 8-bit Sine pitches are hard to hear.

Too much craziness is not a begginer mistake. just means some computers suck

8 bit sine works really well as a bass or a kick enhancer and is hearable if you use headphones or hifis.

It sounds like you need a new computer and some headphones
Another thing: if you have the option, don't use 8-bit instruments if you plan to listen to your own compositions on mobile. It doesn't work..
Not really a beginner problem, but I did it

Double bass overload

Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

You get my point. It can work in some extreme cases, but ddddddddddddd through the whole song is annoying

REALLY LOUD SEQUENCES

THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE THAT TURN UP THE VOLUME UP ON EVERYTHING, SOMETIMES TO THE POINT OF DISTORTION, AND IT SOUNDS BAD. I'M NOT REFERRING TO THE STYLE WHERE EVERYTHING IS DISTORTED, BUT RATHER THE MISTAKE OF TURNING UP THE VOLUME ON EVERYTHING.

Chat spam
N
N
N
N
N
N
B
B
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
N
Please stop
N
N
N
B
N
B
N
N
N
N

Not making enough jazz

?
with the 8-bit Sine I meant if you use harmony it may not work
See, i have a 2008 mac with osX el cap on it so it is ok but not the best, and on all computers if they cant handle it they may still hold 8-bit notes until you refresh the page or interact with the same notes in edit mode, so its not really my computer, its just the terrible 8-bit misplacements
(03-10-2018, 04:13 PM)alex32124 Wrote: [ -> ]oh. dont forget about the megalovainias
Hey! I'm one of them and believe it or not, I learned more about music through that one song than any other song I have ever tried to play!

Now sure it has a lot of remixes and they can get annoying, but it is a good way to break away from the normal 4-5 chords used in most pop-songs. Especially when they are just learning how to play music. 

I would give them a chance. I learned all of my advanced music knowledge from Undertale music. Not just Mega-lovania, but Hopes and Dreams, Your Best Friend, Your Best Nightmare, Spear of Justice, His theme, and others as well that I can't name at the top of my head. Even Hearing how others took the songs and changed them helped me with fun stuff like effects and music painting!
(01-10-2020, 02:29 AM)SparkzThePianoKat Wrote: [ -> ]
Hey! I'm one of them and believe it or not, I learned more about music through that one song than any other song I have ever tried to play!

Now sure it has a lot of remixes and they can get annoying, but it is a good way to break away from the normal 4-5 chords used in most pop-songs. Especially when they are just learning how to play music. 

I would give them a chance. I learned all of my advanced music knowledge from Undertale music. Not just Mega-lovania, but Hopes and Dreams, Your Best Friend, Your Best Nightmare, Spear of Justice, His theme, and others as well that I can't name at the top of my head. Even Hearing how others took the songs and changed them helped me with fun stuff like effects and music painting
I'm sure that MegaIovanias could help people, however, don't be that newb who spams it in the chat and acts like we should all be impressed
i needed this lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7