Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: the stories behind our sequences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This forum inspired me to write my own forum detailing my process of how to write full songs and avoid writers block
After the Afterglow

This is a song for the shadowy hours, after the afterglow has faded off.  It's just you, your heartbeat, and the clock; each regret ticking away the dead of night.  Why sleep, when you can run your fingers over the scars of the damage you've done to the ones around you?  If things were different, who could have survived?  Since you don't have a future, does it even matter?

I woke up at 1 a.m., sat down, and set this sequence down in two hours.  This may not be a twelve bar I-IV-V blues song, but for me it's the purest expression of the blues. Every note and imperfection is deliberate, down the the timbre and dynamics.

This one's the first thing I've really written from my soul.

Also, after listening to it a lot of times, I've realized that these songs probably subconsciously influenced it - at least musically.

Santo and Johnny - Moonwalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRCvVpknvg

John Mayer - Gravity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBex8zbDRs

Smashing Pumpkins - Galapagos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHK5WQrcCl4
Its really good Vladimirr!
I was watching gameplay footage of Resident Evil: Village and this popped into my head at the endgame.  I also don't know how to sustain, so I was stuck with 8-bit.

I honestly just wanted to make a psychotic like sequence, because why not? Very repetitive Smile)

I had just finished a turn-and-burn trip on the East coast. Left Friday 6am, 20 hour straight shot up from Florida to Massachusetts, arrive, sleep a couple hours, spend the day taking care of some urgent things, sleep a couple hours, on the road again Sunday morning 6am, back home by 2am Monday, awake online by 8am to start the work week.

My brain was completely fried, my body felt like pins and needles everywhere, and measure 49 of this song was playing in my mind over and over. The weird 5/6/5/8 pacing, the melody, the percussion, the bass line, whole thing. It was a giant noisy swirling mess, spinning around in the back of my head somewhere.

I have no idea where it came from, but it showed up completely out of nowhere and I had to put it down on OS before it faded. I made the rest of the song around it.
this is what happens when i think of summer
Among Us
Hello. I have a song that is not a sequence but created with SoundTrap so I think it still counts.

The song is still being worked on as I need to finish it and do vocals haha — https://vocaroo.com/13TWg8ODUndE

How I composed it:

For me, I like to use notes that sound evil but sad too. I often will have a guitar that will go in my classic direction of being happy or sad but then I like to take the ending note and make it a semitone above or below the note. I feel like it really can grab onto someone. I like to make my guitars heavy and big. I like them sounding very strong. For me, weak guitars are just no hahah. I like to use double kick bass in my drums for a nice solid sound and I like cymbals to give the drums flavor. The snare is good for allowing the drums to have a steady beat to follow. I really enjoy ride bells for how they really seem to add to drums in a big way and the ENTIRE SONG!! 
I like to add metal vocals in. More fry voice and screams. I am working to add my normal voice too!!!! I enjoy having songs that are evil but sad sounding. My songs are a little more slow than some metal. I like to enjoy music for a little bit longer than some people who like everything to be fast all the time. I like making power sounding metal. Metal that teaches people. That's really all I can say right now.

So the inspiration behind it:
For me, I am a very social person, and I love to talk to everyone. In real life and on the internet. However, I have always been against people being objectifying and just society being objectifying overall. People do not care about their actions. It's an accepted idea which is sad to see. So, in my anger and sadness, I dedicate this song to that idea and the anger I have for it. The song is about what people are seeing and how it is a poison in their eyes. Many people do not seem to comprehend this through their brains. The poison is the objectification of women and people. However, more so to women. So many people have just no idea that what they look at is poison and that it destroys lives and people. The song is to sound angry and evil for setting the tone of the topic.

The vocals are not in yet but here are the lyrics I have gotten so far:

----

[Verse One]

Cleanse your eyes and see the unnoticed poison that entered your mind
Now.
Distorted view; draws out your heart.
Heal.

[Verse Two]

Lost in the mind.
It gave your eyes lies.
The physical presence alters the mental sense.
The stain grows every day; waiting to be cleansed.
The longer it waits, the bigger the challenge gets.

[Verse Three]

Tear it down now.
Burst the silence.
Grow into a newborn self now.
Awaken

----

That's all I really have.
Thanks,
Marysamat
Every sequence I made from all these years was just me being a wanabe video game music producer, ofcourse now I just wanna be good at any type of music
Pages: 1 2 3 4