Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Ideas to Make Online Sequencer Better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
-_-

why can you guys ever be positive? I do not want to be mean or anything but if you do not care about OS, then why be on it? I mean, this is the only music site I ever go on besides Soundation and that is already starting to crash on me. The least you can do is at least say something to improve this site even more.

I think there should be a custom synth that you use. Heck, or even a custom instrument maker. There should be a studio where you can make your own instruments and use them in your sequences. Thus, making the possibilities endless.  You can then make any song you want and it will sound right. 

I very much enjoy this site btw.
Any issues with OS can be solved by using MidiPro.org™, it can do all things ?

Custom synthesizers and instruments aren't currently possible due to technical limitations, but I do have some ideas for updates to make collaboration easier like I mentioned in the poll thread.
(09-12-2019, 03:23 PM)ABY55 Wrote: [ -> ]-_-

why can you guys ever be positive? I do not want to be mean or anything but if you do not care about OS, then why be on it? I mean, this is the only music site I ever go on besides Soundation and that is already starting to crash on me. The least you can do is at least say something to improve this site even more.

I think there should be a custom synth that you use. Heck, or even a custom instrument maker. There should be a studio where you can make your own instruments and use them in your sequences. Thus, making the possibilities endless.  You can then make any song you want and it will sound right. 

we care about this site so much that ironically the people who want it to change are whiny assholes who can't sit down and appreciate it for what it is already

there doesn't have to be anything, especially when people have been complaining for these changes since the beginning of os

if possibilities were endless, that would destroy the niche of this site thus making songs harder to make
The only real thing I could ask for is velocity contol (although I can pretty much do this with a lot of notes) + no lag
(09-14-2019, 11:07 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2019, 03:23 PM)ABY55 Wrote: [ -> ]-_-

we care about this site so much that ironically the people who want it to change are whiny assholes who can't sit down and appreciate it for what it is already

there doesn't have to be anything, especially when people have been complaining for these changes since the beginning of os

if possibilities were endless, that would destroy the niche of this site thus making songs harder to make
damn, i mean, i agree, but youre like, being pretty hostile about it, chill, ur scaring, me, u wouldnt be a good teacher
If you want custom instruments, use a real DAW.

Use this site to spark your creativity
a like button for other peoples' would be nice
hide the unhidden instruments so people will stop asking how to get the hidden instruments and start asking how to get every instrument
Here is a HUGE idea and this would make OS way better...

When you open up OS, you see a main page with stuff like top members or a member of the day/month, top sequences or sequence of the day/month, upcoming updates, events/upcoming events, official contests, and member interviews.
Then you got the Members tab, Sequences tab, and Studio.

The studio is where you will be able to make sequences. The ribbon would have the things in this exact order:

BPM, Title, Sequence Tools (draw, select, delete, play from here, switch instrument), Instruments, Instrument Options and Effects, Editing Tools (copy, cut, paste, select all), Zoom In, Zoom out, and Save.

The switch instrument will allow you to click on a note, with the instrument you selected, and instantly change it. Also, the draw tool will allow you to draw the notes rather than constantly clicking. It will save you time and your sanity. Of course, you can use the Select Tool to select and drag notes.
(10-02-2019, 05:33 AM)ABY55 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a HUGE idea and this would make OS way better...

When you open up OS, you see a main page with stuff like top members or a member of the day/month, top sequences or sequence of the day/month, upcoming updates, events/upcoming events, official contests, and member interviews.
Then you got the Members tab, Sequences tab, and Studio.

The studio is where you will be able to make sequences. The ribbon would have the things in this exact order:

BPM, Title, Sequence Tools (draw, select, delete, play from here, switch instrument), Instruments, Instrument Options and Effects, Editing Tools (copy, cut, paste, select all), Zoom In, Zoom out, and Save.

The switch instrument will allow you to click on a note, with the instrument you selected, and instantly change it. Also, the draw tool will allow you to draw the notes rather than constantly clicking. It will save you time and your sanity. Of course, you can use the Select Tool to select and drag notes.

I feel this is not a bad idea, but this website isn't large enough for some of that to work. Member of the day is a bit distant, thougbh sequence of the day could be applied, perhaps in an adBot style.
The UI doesn't need a change, but I do think an opening page with details on the website and a tutorial would be very helpful, and, seems easy to add
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6