Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Ideas to Make Online Sequencer Better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think there should be a "right-click" drop-down menu that can be seen when you right-click a note. Instead of the note being deleted, there could be additional properties for each individual note. Properties such as note volume options, possibly note fading in or out (if possible with midis), note reverb and delay enabling/disabling, as well as general things like note instrument, etc.
Perhaps even note panning could be implemented and used here, and each individual note's volume and panning options could be included in these drop-down note property menus.

Well, I don't know much about programming a website.
But, I can imagine that this might be a bit more difficult to do (as far as programming is concerned), as there would now be a necessity to keep track of every single individual placed note (rather than just groups of a individual instruments' notes) in an entire sequence, and store each individual note's properties. This might include using multitudes of massive arrays and parallel arrays, with 100s if not 1000s of values/data points within them, especially for sequences with 1000s of notes in them. This could be problematic and difficult to program.

But, if it is possible, and does not create too much lag, I think it would be worth it.
Just a suggestion though.
Another Suggestion
Make it so users can make their own playlists of songs by choosing each song they want to add to the playlist(s) (in a fashion similar to how we can make Featured Sequences appear on our profile pages), and then have the website play through the playlist, using the same algorithm that is used for the  https://onlinesequencer.net/?random (random songs) feature.
(09-26-2019, 09:07 AM)Nootathotep Wrote: [ -> ]a like button for other peoples' would be nice
i feel like a like button would be redundant because there are comments already where you can go into more detail about the song rather than just "liking" it
(10-18-2019, 10:19 AM)Void Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2019, 10:16 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]Another Suggestion
Make it so users can make their own playlists of songs by choosing each song they want to add to the playlist(s) (in a fashion similar to how we can make Featured Sequences appear on our profile pages), and then have the website play through the playlist, using the same algorithm that is used for the  https://onlinesequencer.net/?random (random songs) feature.

I actually suggested this a long time ago but my response was: This isn't YouTube. D:
making a separate website for this with frank Smile
make it the Mario Paint composer and nothing else
The ability to make sequences private/public
Also here's another thing I just thought of, might not be too hard to implement:
Have a checkbox somewhere in the playback menu or sequence editor that toggles "repeat" on and off, so that if it's toggled off, it doesn't go back to the beginning at the end of the song.
okay try to follow me here, but like...

what if
there was a link on each user's forum page
that would go
to that same person's
OS page
Two words: Like Button

Two additional words: Comment notifications
(06-16-2020, 06:32 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]okay try to follow me here, but like...

what if
there was a link on each user's forum page
that would go
to that same person's
OS page
I've asked that so many times lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6