Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Song/Collab/Review Megathread (For all)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am the Dungeon Master for a table of Dungeons and Dragons, and I like to play music to set the mood for a battle or a tense situation.  I want to try composing my own music for this purpose.  The following sequence is meant for a widespread, chaotic battle event.  Could someone please give me some constructive criticism of my sequence?  Also, what instruments could I use to make the entrance more powerful?

i would like t do a colab pls private message me or reply to me
(05-18-2021, 04:35 AM)kailah baby Wrote: [ -> ]i would like t do a colab pls private message me or reply to me
Where and when my guy?
(05-16-2021, 08:51 AM)Karsus Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone please give me some constructive criticism of my sequence? 

i very quickly did a remix, maybe you'll like some of the changes and can build on them:

what i did:

- i think it's missing a lot of lower frequencies, so i added cello an octave lower, along with some bass pizzicato
- the triangle wave i think is meant to sound like a renaissance flute, and you might try mixing in some of the flute, i just lowered its volume and mixed in some quiet reverbed sine wave to give it more space and a bit more of a natural sound
- i like the cello line, i changed a few notes so it would sound like it's constantly moving
- i added cello to the end, based on your description, i think you might want to go for a big climax at the end, so i added some tense cello there, (it's just the earlier cello shifted down five steps), that could build to a final section that doesn't exist yet
- i didn't touch the drums, but it sounds like you might be going for snare rolls, and i'm not sure how easy those are to do on OS, i haven't tried
(05-20-2021, 07:47 AM)The Institute Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2021, 08:51 AM)Karsus Wrote: [ -> ]Could someone please give me some constructive criticism of my sequence? 

i very quickly did a remix, maybe you'll like some of the changes and can build on them:

what i did:

- i think it's missing a lot of lower frequencies, so i added cello an octave lower, along with some bass pizzicato
- the triangle wave i think is meant to sound like a renaissance flute, and you might try mixing in some of the flute, i just lowered its volume and mixed in some quiet reverbed sine wave to give it more space and a bit more of a natural sound
- i like the cello line, i changed a few notes so it would sound like it's constantly moving
- i added cello to the end, based on your description, i think you might want to go for a big climax at the end, so i added some tense cello there, (it's just the earlier cello shifted down five steps), that could build to a final section that doesn't exist yet
- i didn't touch the drums, but it sounds like you might be going for snare rolls, and i'm not sure how easy those are to do on OS, i haven't tried

Thank you so much!  I appreciate this.
opinions so far? 
(01-21-2022, 07:59 AM)Speedyplayz/TPOL OST Wrote: [ -> ]opinions so far? 

I don't think this thread is going to get replies anymore, it would be more useful to post songs in chat instead
testing
feedback on my music?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7